Sunday, August 18, 2024

Lets Catch Up 2 - June escapades with the start of July

Stacey came to visit in June and unfortunately we had to dress in PPE to be able to get in to the Nursing Home to see Dad since they had Covid in there at the time!  Love this one of the 2 of us in all our gear lol



She also made some "from scratch" pasta for us which was soooo much nicer than store bought.  The weather got colder and morning walks were full of fog or very thick frosts!




But we sure had some amazing sunrises.......


More knitting and crochet continued  ..... with requests from a couple of shops for my dishcloths - one of these shops also new I used to have a little business selling lip balms and soaps and put in a request ...... which began me thinking more about taking up the idea of starting it back up since I would really like to reduce my days of nursing.  It also seems a waste that I'm not using my clinical aromatherapy qualification for anything at this stage ....... so began the seed of an idea ....... and the start of some planning whilst the dishcloths went into the shop and the owner made some labels for them ...
They looked so pretty, I couldn't help but order the tins for the lip balms and a few other items lol
All the while back and forth to the nursing home to Dad who continues having multiple falls (even with the alarms on the beds and chairs) After this last fall they decided to take away his recliner and swap it out for another chair that he can't get out of himself.  He is too weak to be able to walk around with the walker anymore and still wants to be independent when his balance just isn't there.   
Mila is growing fast - here she is with PJ when I went for a visit before we head off on our holiday.

And I managed to complete this test knit which had LOTS of lace knitting - way more than I've ever
done before but I'm soooooo happy with the results and hope to use it quite a bit over spring and next Autumn.
 














I'll finish with this cool item that popped up in my garden in a spot where I KNOW I have mowed over it several times thinking it was a weed trying to grow!!!!  OOooooppppsssss.......




4 comments:

loulee said...

Great catch up post. Lovely seeing your test knit.

Janice said...

So much more happening. Let’s hope the change in care prevents more falls for your Dad. We have been lucky and not had to wear full PPE to visit Mum, despite ongoing outbreaks. Beautiful photos of the winter mornings. I love the lacy test knit. You are right to be proud of it. Now I understand where your blog name comes from. Have fun getting back into your other creative outlet. I’m glad that your mowing didn’t kill your hellebores. They are such a beautiful winter flower. I have several.

Christine M said...

I've been using your lip balm. It is really good. Mila is such a cutie. That cardigan looks so good on you. Great job.

Christine M said...

Oops. I hit publish before I had finished! The pasta looks good. I'm going to try making some after seeing the Kandiwal kids do it. I love the beanie. Sounds like your dad is in the right place. xx