Saturday, May 4, 2024

Hello May

 Here it is MAY!  The weather has cooled and we had to light the fire last night …..with it overcast

today we might yet light it up again before the day is out!  The mornings have definitely been colder and yesterday I caught this early morning photo with the fog coming off the river and the sun throwing the re-election onto the water making it look like fire and smoke …… Lucy and Bella were enjoying the walk.

May is my birthday month so I’m hoping it will be a productive month of sewing, knitting and crochet lol

The start of May sees FNWF  last night where after spending part of the day weeding the overgrown veggie patch I worked on the crochet blanket for Mila.  I’m using the Dune stripe pattern from Lucy at Attic 24.  I’m using yarns from stash so the colours are similar but not the same.  I’m actually doing a bit more work on it today. It's a bit of a change from the constant pink and purples I've been using for her the past few months.

Then there is the Chookshed Stitchers Challenge ……this month Deana pulled out  ……


So for my Number 5 challenge I have the bird blocks and kiwi bird blocks listed to work on.  My original plan at the start of the year was to work these in with the RSC  but I’ve fallen way behind …… well in reality, I guess I’m perhaps 3 or 4 months behind so it would be possible to catch up ….. a consertive effort will be required due to me still getting the hang of how to make these! I am, however,  very excited to look at my sidebar list and see on the crochet/knitting challenge list that I have a crocheted cot rug listed as No 5 - back in January I just put down ripple as I wasn’t sure what pattern I’d end up using ….and it just so happens that the above crochet cot blanket is it!  So I’m already ticking that box! 

I have plans to work on the travel quilt and start the jumper I was meant to begin last month when we did number 9.  I guess at some point I will have to continue the hand quilting on down the rabbit hole ( and oh gosh what a hole that has been lol) 😜 

On Ravelry I have a colour stash busting challenge to continue and this month it’s grey/ silver shades so stay tuned for that as well! 

The Decluttering challenge indicates it’s this month to tackle the Bedroom Tall Boy and the Linen Closets ( yep - there are 2 of them!!!) - I surely need to throw a few things out so I best put aside time for this as well!

Pete returned from fishing on the weekend with some fish and when he opened this one we were surprised to find a golf ball inside! 

My sister Kathy has been out from New Zealand the past few weeks to help settle Dad into the nursing home whilst I was at Scrub Stitchin and to house sit for a lady in Mulwala. We didn’t get a lot of catch up time, but we did manage to enjoy this delightful morning tea at a little coffee shop in Howlong called the 1/2 acre coffee shop.   I had requested a sticky chaii late and was very impressed when it came in this lovely teapot ready to pour ...... it meant I actually got a couple of cups which I really enjoyed with the scrummy cheesecake!

And yesterday I’d put some sunflower seeds out on the feeder and was rewarded when these 3 king parrots came for a feed.  The males have such a bright red colour on the head and breast area.    Pete has just finished ordering some fencing to extend the height of the back and side fences to give us a bit more privacy with the lane way between our brown coloured fence and that cream fence of the neighbour on the other side of the laneway.   What can I say, but I like my privacy.

I’ll finish here so I can get back to this blanket and think about all the above lol 

Hugs, Sharm


9 comments:

Lin said...

Yes Sharm - a lot to think about this month!! Wow, that golf ball. Poor fish. Lovely crochet and brilliant teapot. My Philip often orders a pot of tea as he can usually get 2 or 3 cups out of it. xx

Judy S. said...

Great to hear from you, and thanks for posting. Your blanket is beautiful! I am also trying to just knit from my stash and still have a long ways to go even though I have donated lots of it to charity. We, too, are trying to declutter since we have been in our house for 47 years, we have a ways to go. Hugs from WA.

loulee said...

Lucy does have some great patterns. And all for free, what a lovely lady.

Susan said...

always plenty to keep us occupied.

Christine M said...

Mila's blanket is gorgeous. Good luck with the decluttering! xx

Chookyblue...... said...

oh what day is your birthday????????
sounds like your crafting plans are sorted.........I need to make kiwi birds also......
wow a golf ball......good size cod?

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh and super cool photo across the water.......

kiwikid said...

Beautiful photo across the water. Love your crochet. Wow that is amazing to find the golf ball in the fish!! Wonderful to catch up with your sister, even if just for a short time.

Susie H said...

How fun to see the parrots show up at the feeder! Love the random colors of the ripple blanket. Happy birthday this month!