Sunday, August 18, 2024

Let's Catch Up - The rest of MAY

 I'm clearly way behind on my blogging due to several factors so much of the catch up is going to be via photos..... Let's begin with the rest of May ...

Stacey's best friend Carly had her first baby - little Abbigail 
and the blanket for Mila was finished.

Dad was having more and more falls - some which sent him to hospital. With at least 1 fall every week I was glad he was in care, although he couldn't understand why he can't just walk around anymore.
It was stressing me out quite a bit and my friend Deb decided to take Lucy and I up to her Dartmouth Holiday House for a couple of days to celebrate my birthday while Pete was away on a fishing trip
The Hume Dam at Albury on the way to Dartmouth




Walking around Dartmouth together with a few wines and a lovely Birthday Lunch at the Mitta Mitta Pub was perfect.  All the colours of Autumn displayed but this tree just stood out - so bright!!
Stacey and John got a new addition to their fur family with little Benjamin joining the pet family. And yes, I have since made him a little crocheted blanket of his own :)    Meantime Lucy had a little opp so she wouldn't accidentally get pregnant whilst away on our holiday!



Attended the CWA morning tea for Volunteers within Corowa  - We decided to have the very large Orange Tree removed to give more room for the ute when Pete is getting wood and having to get it into the back yard for storage.  We had plans to build a shelter in the corner where the brick wall is - which we managed to achieve before heading off on holidays

Preserving from fruit I had in the freezer.  I wanted to get the large freezer cleaned out before we went away as we were meant to be gone for just over a month.


I managed to take part in a KAL for this Devonshire Cream Cowl which is super warm. (by Fogbound Knits) and here is the blanket I crocheted and posted off for little Benjamin who seems to love it!


2 comments:

Janice said...

What a lovely newsy post. So much happening in your part of the world. Nice to see that you have been creating in amongst everything else. It’s no good about your Dad, but nice that you had a little break away.

Christine M said...

Mila's blanket is lovely. How lovely to go away with Deb. Girls getaways are always good!