Tuesday, January 4, 2022

HELLO 2022!!!

 Welcoming 22 with open arms, an open heart and many plans, projects and aspirations  ......... May everyone have an improved 22!!

I've made a good start on getting the crafting/study room in order (not quite there yet, but many tubs have been unpacked and lots of paperwork is being sorted out) ......  Little spaces in there are starting to look ok ......  Pete put up my embroidery thread holder (for the country threads) - hopefully I locate them before too long so they can go up!  It would be nice to pull out some embroidery and get back to working on it again.  I'm looking forward sooooo much to being able to have the time to get things made for our home - I'm one of those soles that much prefers to see handmades around a home.


I've found sooooo many WIP's and I'm hoping to make a good inroad into those over this year ahead!  Something I did find - was the 2 hexie blocks sent by Jo from ButterZ  back when I was doing the tablecloth and which I blogged about last post - and in doing so realized  Jo was missing from it!!!  I'm not sure how that happened exactly, but during the making of it we had an interstate move and 3 local moves so stuff ended up in all sorts of places and I'm only just opening some of those tubs that have been tightly shut for the past couple of years! I remember that Jo's went missing in the post and so she told me she was sending another one (which was diverted to a couple of different addresses) and I'm pretty sure that was why they got separated from the others :(  My plan is to add them onto the tablecloth on a current hexie.



 There are other things I want to do as well - after starting a bit of a list I decided to just use my blog and set up an extra page to try and put the planning/WIP/UFO's for both sewing and knitting on (and possibly other things, who knows lol).   We have been using the pool quite a bit over the past couple of weeks as the weather has warmed up quite significantly ....... 

this has seen our vegie garden growing like mad and we've already been picking lettuce and I've had 3 Zucchinis in the last couple of days!  It's only been in about 10 wks and while the tomatoes, lettuce, capsicum, were from seedlings - the corn, zuchinni, peas, cucumber, melons were grown from seed.  The strawberries that came from friends have been producing a few and I've had to net them to stop the blackbirds eating them!!


It seems like you may have to stand on your head for this photo lol ..... Chooky hosted another zoom meeting on Sunday our time where many from the previous week dropped in and out .....  I was able to pull out one of the UFO's to work on ....... This will eventually be a cup and saucer pin cushion
I did manage to finish the Blanket Cardigan which I started late last year when I was excited to be down here and had just pulled out a pile of my yarn.  I was pleased to be able to use up quite a bit of my stashed yarn for this one which is going to be super warm come winter!!  Yet to put the inner catch and a button on it.  The front is like a double layer with the top section folding over on top of it.


Then I started a test knit for Laura Aylor of Fogbound Knits for this cabled cowl in a bulky yarn.  I got it finished early this morning and decided to beat the heat and dress up the top bit of me for a different type of photo lol



I don't know about everybody else but I badly need to work on my weight which saw an increase over the past 3 years and needs attention.  I'm currently using the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet which will give a refund if you can possibly meet the required criteria by the end of the 12 wks - the weight has certainly been up and down over the Christmas /New Year period lol ...............  anyhow, watch this space I guess!  Well, I'm off to cook dinner and then a bit more sock knitting!



Hugs 

Sharm

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Doing well getting things sorted....... The wrap jumper will be lovely and warm and the cowl looks great lovely red......
Nice to have you join on zoom.....

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog. Happy new year ��

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post