Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Hello Blogland - Christmas Round up

Ahhhh, its soooo nice to be able to just take a relaxing breath at long last ....... I'm sure many are feeling similar - but is it a feeling that stays with you for most of the year? 

 What I have discovered is that when I'm blogging, I'm in a  more consistently less stressed time.  FB posts are things that are rushed and posted with haste and glanced over by people with a button to press like because you might not have the time to make a reply or response ........ blogging is more a time of sharing with a cuppa, sitting back and enjoying a bit of a blog hop to see what's going on elsewhere and to link up with other bloggers.  I enjoy the process of sharing a bit more about what's going on and  people enjoy taking the time to leave a comment or send an email in response. 

 Yesterday Chooky had a zoom party for a number of bloggers which went the whole day and allowed us to come and go as time allowed and also meant getting to see some of the girls in different time zones (US/ Canada/ Germany/ New Zealand and around  Australia  - I believe some from the UK were also on at some stage but I missed them). 

 Most were doing various bits of hand sewing, but I was mostly working on knitting my socks which are making good progress.  Jo also asked about the table cloth from a number of years ago that some had helped out with the hexies for me  (at this stage I was still living in Bundalong in Victoria, in the process of moving to Maryborough where the tablecloth was completed - see the top photo) and I was able to show them the finished said item which they were happy to see completed (how lucky was it that I'd only unpacked it a few days earlier and knew where it was lol) .........

My Sock progress ........... I'm a little nervous as I get closer to the heel section which will be a new thing to experience in my knitting adventures 
Sock Progress


Many of the girls were sitting in their designated sewing rooms ...... mine will be a shared room with the study but after just an hour or so sitting with the girls on zoom, I felt the urge to get into that room and 
try to maneuver furniture around again to try making it a little more user friendly and I also tackled some of the paperwork sorting out the filing cabinet so I can actually use it a little more effectively as well and perhaps make the study section a little  less  cluttered!

 When I'm having to work from home on some days - that's the room I'm having to work from and at present it is a very small corner of the room surrounded by piles of stuff and boxes which is not the ideal!  Progress was made but I need some shelving for the hanging section of the wardrobed ....... planning a trip to Bunnings on Friday!  No photos of this space yet but hopefully it will be sorted by the end of January!  And I called back in on the zoom later in the afternoon for a bit more catch up which was lovely and when most of the Aussie girls were on!



 
After doing some more sorting out in the craft/study - Pete and I took a boat ride up the Murray which was a bit of fun (except that the motor was flat to begin with so we weren't game to turn it off and do any fishing ) - Instead we went for a bit of a fishing adventure this morning ........ and had lots of fun with the battery dead in the water again and needing jump starts (thank goodness for a friend and also our battery jump charger thingy!

This is the old bridge between Wahgunyah and Corowa separating Victoria from New South Wales.  There is also a newer bridge a little further upstream.

And I guess I'd better mention Christmas Day for those of you who will likely ask ...... it was quite with just Pete, myself and I brought Dad over for the day as well which he really enjoyed.  He's doing very well for 92 years of age and wore the Christmas shirt that Jaron and Renee and his great grandchildren had given him for Christmas! 
The 3 of us having xmas lunch and that is Ginger ale not Beer that Dad has 
Last year Stace made aprons for both Pete and our neighbour Scott (they joked about being the "house bitches" since both Martine and I worked and they were both stay at home lol ...... They kept talking about getting some pink aprons ....... So stacey surprised them both and made matching ones for them ..... after an early phone call on Christmas Day they both decided to put them on again this year to do the lunches at both places (Scott in Maryborough and Pete here in Corowa) and we took photos and sent them to Stacey which made her day !
Scott in Maryborough

Pete here in Corowa

And me with my new bike lol

John & Stace decided Murray Cod shoes would be a fun thing for Pete lol

 And now I'm glad for a bit of relax!! 

 Take care, Hugs Sharm 

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

So lovely to see have you join us yesterday.......I do agree with what you said at the start.... Not that I do FB...... Your sounding pretty happy in the new place..... Goodluck getting the rest of the office/sewing space sorted out..... Looks like a nice day on the water.... Best get a new battery.....

Christine M said...

It was lovely stitching along with you and the other ladies yesterday Sharm. I love your apron photos!

Maria said...

Great to see you blogging again and chatting on Chooky’s Zoom GTG.
The guys look great in their pink aprons…LOL…

Susan said...

It was great to put a face to a name during the Zoom chat!

Sounds like a quiet but fun Christmas day. Love the pink aprons.

I also share my sewing room with my home office - I've been Working from home since March 2021 and what was a temporary situation - still is!!!

Jeanette said...

It was lovely to see you on Zoom. Hugs, xx