Tuesday, January 11, 2022

A Simple Weekend


 Cheryl was hosting the first FNWF on Friday and with Pete away for a few days fishing with his mates, I decided to make the weekend into a weekend full of simple enjoyment with craft, reading and watching some girly movies. 

 Friday night I was tired and decided to just do some knitting on a cowl I'm currently working on and then Saturday I would sit and do some sewing of some sort.  The cowl is Northwind by Laura Aylor and can be found easily via Ravelry.

2 quilt tops to make up 

  I had to take a trip to town Friday and while there I bought a new book .... which after a short read,  I really wanted to make a little bookmark.  I knew that Jenny had posted a new embroidery one on her blog and I knew the fabric I wanted to use (actually gifted to me by Jenny when we caught up a few years back).................. 


 And so the hunt began ...... where exactly were my "Country Threads" embroidery cottons, where was my container of ordinary embroidery threads and where was that piece of fabric so carefully put aside!!!  


A bunch of blocks I may or may not keep
 It was the perfect opportunity with Pete away for the whole weekend to be able to pull out the several plastic tubs and sort through them so I could actually find things, know what I actually had and decide on a place to keep them ............ and sort I did!! 

 These are the UFO's I discovered that I've decided to keep (I put aside 4 for a friend and another 2 went to the opp shop).  If I don't get these finished by January of next year then they will be going out as well!!  

These will be used for either a table runner or some head rests for the chairs


I need to try to find where this little wall quilt pattern came from to finish it

Xmas items to work on

Lots of various sized hexies I'm not sure what I'm going to do with yet

The Woodland Table Runner I must get finished

Xmas / Cushion covers/ Embroidery Quilt from Jenny of Elefantz



The size of this quilt won't work so I'll be making it into something ........ not really my style but it while I had the fabrics I wanted to use, the pattern was a mystery (stack & wack) - to say I was devestated when I realized what it was turning into - so yes 


 And here is the "Down the Rabbit Hole" Quilt - which has grown quite large as you can see it laying on our QS bed.  There are 2 side panels left to go to finish the embroidery/applique sections and then the border and quilting.  I still have this sitting in the lounge room with its tub of associated fabrics so that I can work on cutting out all the applique bits for both panels and then I'll be able to sort out that box of materials and get it out the way and just work on the last panels a bit more easily (at least that's the plan). 






Finally, late on Sunday afternoon  I sat and worked on the little bookmark ..... It's a very long time since I've done any of this type of work and I realized I've actually never made a bookmark before so its taken a bit longer than I anticipated and I need to still finish sewing the contrast material on and the ribbon.  I'll finish it off after work tonight.   (I did start this post yesterday morning before work, but internet was in and out so it didn't get finished .... and when I got home from work Pete was back - thus ending my plans of more

The UFO's all sorted for the year

sewing last night as we caught up with neighbours that dropped by - so perhaps tonight the bookmark may get finished and perhaps this post will be ready before I leave for work ...... it seems to have been quite a long one).  I'll post a photo of it once it's finished!  I think one of the biggest joys was when I finally located my threads to hang on my special holder that Pete made me!  They were not in any of the tubs and it took more
 searching through other boxes before locating them in a nice safe spot lol  Well I'm off to finish getting ready for another day at work!  Take care my friends.
My lovely Country Threads - They make me smile

Hugs Sharm

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

heaps to read in this post......glad you seem to be getting very organised....now you have heaps to work on on zoom......

Connie said...

You have so many beautiful started projects that you could work on this year. If they were mine I would incorporate several into a sample quilt of mixed blocks. I think they would come together and be incredible.

Susan said...

I think you probably have a years worth of finishes - but new projects are always appealing!

Janice said...

Wow! What a weekend. You did do well. Have fun with some finishes, now that you are a bit more sorted. I'm looking forward to seeing the bookmark, after all the effort it took to start working on it.

cityquilter grace said...

looks like you will be busy in 2022...lol!