Sunday, January 23, 2022

FNSI

 I joined in with a number of other crafters and stitchers on Friday night for FNSI hosted by Wendy from Sugarlane Designs.  Friday night I managed to finish off my Northwind Cowl .  Now that we are back down south I'm working to get a bit of a winter wardrobe in place as a few of my handknits got eaten by silverfish and moths whilst we were up in the humidity and moving houses for the past 3 years!!


Yesterday after spending some time in the garden and pottering around - I'm working on various outdoor spaces trying to get them looking nice, useable and workable spaces.  I'd like to have outdoor areas where we can relax and enjoy sitting, but also have areas that are productive in one form or another and I'll share a bit more of this over the next couple of weeks/months. 

 It's actually hard to believe we have only been here 3months with all that we have done so far.

The veggie garden and worm bin with the very productive Orange Tree

Anyhow, I had an issue with my sock knitting ...... my first ever attempt at socks and it was sent to the naughty corner to sit out the past week whilst I looked at it in disgust each time I walked past ........


 after finishing the cowl I decided to read through the pattern again (the sock one that is)......... and then considered the fact that perhaps I'd been missing doing the last stitch instruction every 2nd row for the entire 3rd section!!!!!  




There was nothing else for it but to frog back ........ which took a good couple of hours with a couple of breaks ................ finally last night the 3rd section of the heel was completed and it worked!!!  Thank goodness!!  I'll have to be sure to watch out for this with the 2nd sock!



This week gone I also had to take Dad up to Albury to meet with the new cardiologist (now that Dad is down from Brisbane )  He really enjoyed the drive and seeing some of the old buildings in the town....... and even better still the Cardiologist has reduced some of his medications which he is very excited about!!


With all the produce we are now getting from the garden I need to get to and get some of it put up into relish and jams and such to have ready over the next few months when the garden will have finished.  No doubt many of you are in the kitchen doing the same type of thing!    Have a productive day ......

Hugs Sharm

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

That's a pretty cowl...... Goodluck getting things sorted at the new place but yes you seem to have got lots done already...... Sorry we missed you on zoom .....

Val Laird said...

Hi Sharm

Thanks for your comment on my blog, which I only received today! ... and thanks for liking my designs. Re the Hand-Picked Wardrobe, I have fixed up the broken link for Block 1, so feel free to go and download it again!
Warm regards
Val

Fiona said...

The cowl is lovely, I am a bit like you with socks, I only learnt recently but need to keep going...
Hugz

Janice said...

I love your cowl. It will be nice and snuggly. Good luck with completing your socks. It sounds like the move has been a good one for all of you.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hello Sharm,
I am glad to see you are settled into your new home and blogging regularly again. Thank you for checking in with me - I will put you on my blog roll to stay caught up with you. Your cowl turned out very nice and glad you figured out the sock pattern. They look so warm and are so colorful. I scrolled down to see what you have been up to, and it looks like you are keeping very busy. Your quilt is beautiful, and the garden looks to be very productive. Glad your Dad is doing well, too. x Karen