Sunday, January 16, 2022

It's beginning to look a bit like .......

 OUR home ...... and how things used to be ...... things are getting organized and I'm feeling sooooo much more settled than I have for a few years now which is soothing for the soul!  After sorting out sewing stuff last weekend, I'm pleased to report that I finished off that little bookmark that Jenny had to start the year off with.   I'm glad I started with this one as its been such a long time since I've done anything like this I made a few mistakes and it's def not the best sewing!  In fact after finishing the embroidery I sat at a bit of a loss thinking how to make it into a bookmark!!! 


 I'll be making the next of her bookmarks, but next time I hope to have a nicer finished bookmark!  This is a book I picked up a few weeks ago and I've just started reading - so far I'm enjoying it ......

We had a terrible storm on Friday night with a huge lightning strike that took out our internet - because we are in a bad reception area, that also meant limited mobile phone coverage - I spent the day Saturday trying to get hold of "Belong" and it seems they need to come out here tomorrow morning to fix whatever needs fixing!  Luckily I'm able to log in on another network for a short time to do a few things.  






I took advantage yesterday of having to sit next to my phone and worked on some of the embroidery for my table runner and made some good progress!  This is what it was looking like when I pulled it out to start some work on it 

Before

And here is where I'm up to on it now.  There were quite a number of "details" that needed completing, but I now only have 1 edge left to go and 2 corners to complete

Also got some more work done on my knitted socks (although I'm not exactly sure it's working out how it's meant to ....hmmmmmm), but the cowl is coming along nicely and hopefully should be finished by the end of the week.

Today I got out in the garden early and got a huge amount of weeding done in the flower gardens out front and then in the vegie garden out back.  Then it was into the kitchen where I made some biscuits, a zucchini slice using some of our produce from the garden and juiced up a pile of oranges from out tree - 8lts of juice!!!   I'm afraid Ihave to cut it short here ...... fingers crossed our internet gets fixed tomorrow!!!

Have a great week,

Hugs Sharm

2 comments:

Janice said...

The bookmark is very cute. You may end up with a nice little collection by the end of the year. I’m pleased you are settling in well and it’s so nice to use our home grown produce.

Chookyblue...... said...

So pleased you feel like your settling into your new place...... Cute book mark