Monday, January 21, 2019

Let the Projects Begin/ An OPAM History


I've been busy crocheting away with dishcloths ...... a couple were posted out as a little thankyou,  
another was given to my neighbor for her to try out (she reports loving it, so no doubt I will make a couple more or teach her how to crochet ....), a couple are actually being made for a little order ....... as noted on my last post, I need a couple more myself (well, perhaps not as many as I thought, as I came across 5 I had made when we were moving up here so I would have nice newbies for the kitchen once we were all unpacked and such ......... I'll be pulling them out later this week for replacements
The Originals - now done slightly differently
and the older ones will become part of the rag bag until thread bare when they will visit the compost heap (which they can being cotton)!   This weekend during our FNSI ....... or extension thereof lol, I also got to work on a couple of kitchen towels for the daughter.  I made a couple for her and her partner when they first moved into their little flat in Melbourne 4yrs ago ....... as they have worn out, I've been requested to make another, and now it seems all the originals have finally been worn out.  

So with projects getting finished, I naturally begin to think of OPAM (one project a month) run by Kris from Tagalong Teddies Blog.  It's an encouragement to try making at least one project every month or at least to work on something each month ....... as we know some projects take longer (my
"Down the Rabbit Hole" quilt for example!).  Signups for this will be happening over on her blog around the end of January, so keep an eye out for it!  I looked at my OPAM page tab (top of my blog) - Ive been keeping a page for my OPAM  since 2014 and find it nice to be able to actually remember and see all the projects I completed each year ... but my first year was 2012!  I missed the signups in 2013 and have tried not to miss them since! 

The top of my 2018 OPAM shows the projects I was working on when the year started that I had hoped to get completed ....... I only see a couple of those crossed out, so it looks like the others are still on my UFO list!  Naturally I did finish a number of other projects during the year, but I would really like to get more of these crossed off this year if I can ........ well, I c..a..n....... but ......hmmmm, I guess we shall see won't we!  Maybe I need to give them all numbers (as well as other unfinished projects ) and get them done that way????










The Opam badges got a new look after 2015 and looked so new in 2016 ........ The Badge was kept similar for 2017 and 2018 with the updates of the year
But I see Kris is talking about another new Badge for 2019!

Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Sew...... this was that 2018 UFO list I was talking about.......
You might remember a couple of these projects from me working on them last year......... I wonder which one will get finished first?
Do you think I should number them??  Which one do you think I should finish first????  I'll leave you with that thought .....I'm off to work......  See Ya!


2018 OPAM:
 WIP (looking to get these items finished this year): Down the rabbit hole quilt; hexie signature tablecloth; Wardrobe Hanging Mini quilt;   hexie woodland table runner; Summer Touchstone shawlBaby Blanket ; Blanket for our bed - Ocean Splash; Mochila Bag; Penfriends Quilt; Knotty gloves; Sleepy Hollow 
Jumper



4 comments:

Narelle said...

If we finished what we set out to do at the beginning of a year ... what would we do for the following year? :D
Happy 2019 ... may it be filled with finishes and new projects too :)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Narelle's comment made me smile. I like the idea OPAM. I'll try to remember to sign up :)

Linda in Calif. said...

I like that idea of having a tab for OPAM. This is my first year so that would work for me. Which one should you finish first? Down the Rabbit Hole! I love crocheted dishtowels etc, they are so wonderful. I sometimes buy them at craft fairs as I don't crochet. Have fun working on your projects.

Raewyn said...

I love having OPAM - like you I find a seperate tab for each year helps me to keep track of what I did and when! Have fun with your projects this year - I hope you get to do what you want to!