Friday, January 25, 2019

Buttons on My Floor .....

So today I'm taking stock of all my WIPs .....I'd really like to see many of them become completed items this year!   Well, that was the plan ...... then I went searching for my container of embroidery cottons which  SHOULD have been with the project I was last working on (the Woodland Table Runner) .......  



After searching for an hour and knocking my tin of buttons all over the sewing room floor, Walking down to work in the garden (which seemed better than picking up the buttons at that time ) ........  I came back up and found them!! YAH!!!  So I sat and worked a bit of stitching on the Woodland Runner!  
I'm also hoping to work my way through some of my stash....es........ yep, that would be plural!  You see I have a material stash ........ and then I have a yarn stash ........ and then there is quite the stash of other various crafting bits and bobs.......   and it would seem a Stash of UFO's!!!

See the Bees on the Palm Flowers
I'm also Linking in with Jenny again this week on her study of domesticity and this week it's right up my alley!  All about observations and creativity.  I've always found those two link together in just about every aspect of my life!  I love to "see" things .. Sometimes I try to capture it with a photo (but I only have either my phone or ipad and the zoom is quite limited)...

and then often find my mind wandering to endless possibilities for crochet, sewing and gardening options in particular!  In fact on our 12 hr drive back from Townsville at Christmas time, I found myself unable to sit and crochet as normally happens on our long trips, ....instead this time I was busy taking photos of various landscapes and things I saw from the
Look Closely to the right behind the trees ..... see the Camels! I saw these as we were driving down the highway!!


car, think about how I could incorporate some of those into crochet plans for items I hope to make during the year ....and hopefully share here with you all.


So while I spent the morning doing a few chores, gardening and working on my embroidery project ..... Pete had gone to Lentil Dam again to do some fishing.  I knew he would be gone for a few hours which is why I decided to take advantage and have some time at home all alone to play lol  He caught his first Barramundi!!!  And even better ........ he brought it home!  I have a lovely lot of fish fillets all cut up which will do a few meals!!! Yum!  Nothing better than fresh caught fish - and it certainly helps lower the grocery bill this week!

Well it's almost time for me to go and cook dinner so I'll finish here as I want to do a bit more work on a Christmas UFO I found today ...... I'll be sharing that tomorrow I hope!

HaVE A WonDerFul EvenIng EveryONe  :)

Hugs Sharm  xo


7 comments:

KingsailK said...

I loved your blog and photos !Thanks so much.Mary-Lou .N.Ireland

Christine M said...

How annoying knocking over your buttons! Your woodland table runner is going to be gorgeous, Sharm.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your woodland table runner :)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Yum barramundi!! If only we lived closer we could pop in and help you eat it up. LOL!! Well done, Pete. :-)

That runner is lovely indeed.

Maria said...

How annoying knocking the buttons down....It seams it's the year to try and finish our long standing projects. I have a few I'd love to finish.
Love your Woodland Table Runner.
Enjoy the fish...........

Lin said...

Nice post Sharm - that fish looks great! xx

Helen said...

your woodland table runner is looking wonderful, love reading your posts.