Tuesday, August 2, 2016

July Roundup

Yes, we are already into August!  This year is just flying by isn't it?  So I best get to the July round up for all the OPAMers lol.  I managed several finishes in July - 5 knits :  The Milky Way by Laura Aylor test knit shawl, and 4 Hats - all Woolly Wormhead patterns. I just scraped the last hat in "Celestial" a lace pattern using one of the yarns I purchased at Bendigo a couple of weekends ago (remember that big haul I came back with lol??)  I feel good to already be using some of it, but can you believe I already am thinking I really should have got some cottons while I was there??? hmmmmmm  This last hat got delivered today to Son No1's Partner who seemed rather happy to receive it........ forgot to get a photo of her wearing it though!


We have certainly been getting our fair share of rain during July.  All the paddocks and yards are are full of water and many of the roads are getting overflow.  Our poor yard hasn't fared too well, especially when a certain somebody needed to move the ute ...... ahem......

Meantime I finally got to doing some "deep" cleaning in the lounge and dining room area which has been needing some TLC for a while! 















I even decided it was time to move the writing desk back into the living area, remove everything from it (which needed to happen in order to be able to move it from the bedroom), and start from scratch putting items on it rather than just dumping all my writing gear straight there! Time for a complete declutter and look at the writing things I actually use, as opposed to those that have been sitting on the desk for years just because I happen to be hanging onto them!!!   Between you and me ....... I think I need to declutter in a few other places as well !

Amidst all the rain we have had a couple of days here and there with some sunshine ........ the wattle is out in flower and the bees are busy!  Sometimes when I see them so busy I wonder where their hive is and briefly think about having a hive of our own ....... briefly....... with just the two of us here now, we don't use enough.
Anyhow, sure hope your week is starting out well and you can find some small blessings in each of your days.

Hugs,

Sharm



4 comments:

Jo said...

Always good to have a clean up. The rain is well needed but not the mess in the yard....

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharm yes thats what i need to do ,start spring cleaning,love the pics of your wattle xx

Susan said...

The wattle looks glorious.

Yassine said...

mens parfum