Sunday, February 5, 2017

Bloggin Anniversary Stitches ......

Today its my blogs 7 year anniversary - can you believe that??  Seems appropriate then what I've been working on this weekend .......
It was stitching time again on Friday with FNWF, which usually manages to flow over into at least some part of the weekend. It's nice knowing there are others out in blogging land sewing along together, particularly when I don't have a local group of ladies to sit and stitch with.  I'm hoping that will change when we get to Maryborough, as there don't seem to be any ladies close by here who like to stitch or handcraft!  
  It's been so pleasant getting back into a "slower" pace around here, and the house is still looking rather spic from the frantic clean up last weekend allowing us to just do a few jobs that need attending to. 

I decided to get back to work on the middle section of my "blogging tablecloth" - I wanted to add a Beehive to it since the craft cabin here got named "the beehive", and I've decided that whichever room becomes the sewing area up in the new house, it will be called the Beehive as well!  I think that's much more fun than just "the sewing room", don't you?
  I may end up adding a bit more embroidery to the centre as I start to put it together a bit more - unsure yet., as I'm also toying with a couple of other ideas.  Anyhow, I decided a border was also needed which I'm hoping will assist in bringing in all the signature hexie flowers so they  flow together nicely. .........  And I may have found a scrap of fabric that I'll use for some of the "in between" hexies.  I've also heard from another blogging friend who has just put a signature hexie in the post for me to add - can't wait to see what it looks like.  I also worked on getting the latest signature hexies that have arrived in the past couple of weeks into flowers, not quite finished those yet so I'll share those another day.  I also decided to pull out the crochet and get another block made, the first of the Nocturn (Navy) blocks.  I'm relieved to find that the colour seems to work with the others......... Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


12 comments:

Susan said...

Lots of things happening - I'm glad you are moving forward with your tablecloth and the crochet.

Maria said...

WOW !!! 7 years...Happy Blogaverary...
The table cloth center is looking great ..
I agree it nice to name your sewing space and Beehive is a good name. My is the Cave as I like to hibernate in there...

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

It is really turning out wonderful! Love the embroidery! xx Karen

Jo said...

Sounds great. I had better get a block designed and put next to my chair so I can pick it up during the week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharm happy Blogaversary,loving the hexies and your stitchery is so cute,love the name of your sewing room.

Lin said...

Happy Blogaversary! Your hexie flowers are looking good and I love your quirky centre panel. xx

Raewyn said...

Happy Bloggerversary!! The Beehive is the perfect name for a sewing space and your tablecloth is going to be lovely!

Helen said...

Happy blog anniversary, love your stitcheries and hexies, great name for your sewing room :)

Kaisievic said...

Happy Blogaversary, my dear and your Blog quilt is looking gorgeous so far.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I love the beehive and the hexies.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Happy anniversary! Love your stitchery and very interesting in the concept of a "blogging tablecloth"! xx

Maria said...

Congratulations on 7 years of blogging! Love the tablecloth too.