Thursday, February 2, 2017

January Project Wrap Up

Wow, the First month of 2017 has come to an end ...... already???  I feel like I'm still in the midst of my planning for the year - Guess I'd best get onto that before I blink and its over lol 
Soooooo ...... Wrapping up the projects for January - Oh, and And don't forget that Kris and Peg have just opened the books for OPAM 2017 to keep us all moving along with our various projects! 
I completed a knitted Beannie for daughters partner ready for later this year when winter comes upon us ...... It's rather colourful, but he likes that type of thing - I'll give it to him next time I'm down in Melbourne!






 ..... I got started on the crochet rug which is being made specially for the veranda on our new home up in Maryborough ..... I'm pretty happy with the progress since it's gone from planning and looking for a suitable crochet block and working out my colours to having completed 15 Glacier (Grey), 7 Snow (white) and 5 Wisteria (Mauve) blocks.  According to my little diagram I need a total of 48 blocks and I've yet to work out just which method I plan to use to join them together.  Also I had to try getting more cotton, which I really wanted in a "Slate" type of colour, but being picky I wanted it in either Bendigo or Stylecraft DK since I prefer the drape of these cottons than some of the others I've previously used ........ seems neither of them are keen on a dark

grey cotton colour and in fact I'm very disappointed with the limited colour range that Bendigo has - I hadn't realised that they don't even have a true Red in cotton????  Anyhow by default I've now decided I need to go with the navy colour ...... nocturne (stylecraft) and French Navy (Bendigo) are pretty much identical so I discovered when the orders arrived!  The Rose Pink won't get used in this project - its mostly there so I could see the difference between it and Wisteria in the same photo! 

The signature tablecloth is making progress - I'm so looking forward to using this when we finally get up to Maryborough and I have ladies come to visit and enjoy some sewing and cuppa time!  I was blessed yesterday when another signature hexie turned up in my mail box ........ this one came from Narelle from Pins and Whiskers.  Narelle also hosts "1 Xmas Item a Month"...... Thanks so much Narelle, I'm looking forward to making your hexie into a flower for the tablecloth ....
Here are the flowers thus far ........ I need to work out what colour will be going between them all
Blogging Tablecloth Hexies


Next up .... The Valentines Day swap  (hosted by which I've managed to finish and have posted out today (that will have to wait as it's meant to be a surprise ). 

The "Down the Rabbit Hole" BOM released a surprise pattern for us to make while we waited for the release of the first part of the quilt ........ I had lots of fun making this hussif (a sewing caddy that rests over the arm of your chair) and I think the carrot was a fun addition!  I had a smile on my face the whole time I was making this ...... sew cute!!!!  It also meant I had another "finish" for the month of January - giving me a total of 4 actual finishes (including the secret sewing for the Initial Heart Swap).  The blocks can't be counted as finishes until the full project is completed to prevent those pesky UFO's piling up!


Progress on the January BOM  pattern from  "Hand picked Wardrobe" (see the link on my sidebar) ..... its not quite completed just yet ..... I plan to get this January block finished off later today since I have the day off!  Hooray!!!  I really enjoyed putting this block together and working on the stitching.  Looking forward to the February Block when it gets released later this month - don't forget that Val has been kind enough to make this a Free Block of the Month too!  And that my friends is my stitching round up for January!  I have to say that I'm feeling somewhat pleased with my progress thus far for 2017 - Lets hope it continues lol



5 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm still getting organised for the year too. For me it never feels like the year has started until school goes back(which it did this week). You have been busy on the crafting front though. Too hot here for me to think about it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharm boy you sure have been busy my friend,lots of lovely finishes,yep I am still getting organised for the year as well,a bit hard at the moment to much going on,lol ,hope you have a lovely day .

Jo said...

Good work on some finishes. Love the carrot

Mrs. Doug said...

I haven't written for a while because whenever I tried to a warning came up on the computer. Guess it's fixed now. I did keep up and read all along your adventures. I hope your home sells quickly. Nice work on all your projects. I wish I could say I've done many, but it's not true. I started a new job last year and don't have all the time or computer access I had before. Hope to get back with blogging again soon but I is difficult these days.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love the knitted hat. So many wonderful projects.