Saturday, March 17, 2012

Material Scraps........

Is there anything better than homemade I wonder?  Yesterday afternoon/evening I got into my sewing and used up some fabric scraps, turning them into pot holders.  I'm really pleased with how they've come out, since I tried a couple of different ways.  I have a few to post out to a few ladies whom I doing a "pot holder" swap with.  I also managed to get a few more aprons made up..... some for me,
 since I really need a couple of new ones, and a couple to go into  the gift box.  It always pays to have a few bits and pieces on hand for gifts :)  I use up pieces of material from my stash to make my aprons - a pattern I did for myself a number of years ago with a large pocket at the front.  These pockets will hold ALL sorts of items from eggs you might be collecting, baby chicks that need to be rescued, childrens toys, vegies from the vegie patch....... Yep, my aprons don't just get used when I'm baking - they get used whenver I think I need to protect my clothing (so I can be ready to head out the door, but with the apron on, I can achieve a variety of tasks first and not have to get changed again!)
Anyhow,  That was about the time my sewing machine decided it wanted to play up...... so I headed to my basket of wool, picked up the crochet hook and managed to get 54 crocheted hexies done to add to my crocheted grandmothers garden lap rug (which IS going to be finished in time for winter...... this year!!).

7 comments:

Cheryll said...

I totally agree about using stash.. it ALwaYs feels great to do that. The pot holders are a good idea..small pieces get used in them. Your apron looks fantastic too and the crochet is moving along very fast.
Well done! :)

Unknown said...

Great Job on the Apron and Your Rug is Looking Lovely...
cheers

Anonymous said...

well done Sharm,you have been very busy making lots of lovely projects.xx

Wendy said...

All your projects look lovely, you have been very productive!

Greg and Donna said...

Love the apron and the "laprug" ~ here in the US we call them afghans! Or, thats what my grandmother always called them!

Sharm said...

Donna, so glad you mentioned the word afghan..... I've seen it used alot, but was unsure about what it was exactly!! LOL It sounds much nicer than laprug or knee rug LOL

Sharm said...

Donna, so glad you mentioned the word afghan..... I've seen it used alot, but was unsure about what it was exactly!! LOL It sounds much nicer than laprug or knee rug LOL