Thursday, January 12, 2012

With my soap business now coming to a mind blowing halt thanks to ridiculous costs for product liability and new govt regulations coming onto the scene for soap makers this year, It just is not viable to keep going.  The prices I would have to charge per soap to break even, let alone make a profit is just too much to ask people to pay........... no matter the quality!  I'm afraid that was always part of my plan - have good quality soaps with natural, local products at an affordable price.  So soap sales are now for family and friends (including any blogger friends wanting to get any).  With all of that, I now have more "free" time (yes, I'm still working 3days a week at the hospital), but more time now for sewing, gardening and such!  My sewing table is VERY happy, because for the first time in 7 months you can actually see it, AND I'm working on a few little projects with my sewing machine!  First off - some mug rugs!

Gardening has also been attacked and I managed to move quite a good deal of mulch on Monday.  Unfortunately there are still weeds waiting (growing wildly) that need my attention.  Mostly it's those pesky garden edges where the grass just wants to grow INTO the garden bed instead of keeping a nice border!!  Is that "round up" I here you say????  till next time

Happy Stitching and gardening everyone!

5 comments:

Maria said...

Sorry to hear about your soap business. But as you say there is a bright side sew you have more time for other things.
My that is a big pile of mulch to move.

Maria said...

Sorry to hear about your soap business. But as you say there is a bright side sew you have more time for other things.
My that is a big pile of mulch to move.

Christine M said...

I'm the same as Maria. Think positively about all that extra sewing time!

rosie said...

Sharm, bring that lovely soap with you when we get to have that cuppa.. there is nothing nicer than home made soap. Remember, when one door closes, another opens..

Sharm said...

Thankyou girls for your lovely support - it really is appreciated ..... and yes Rosie, I'll make sure I bring some with me :)