Wednesday, January 25, 2023

A New Year……. We'd best do a quick catch up!

Seems the best way to catch you up on what's been going on the past couple of months is a quick picture round up ........ But the most exciting for Pete and I was the decision to get a new Puppy ..... Introducing Lucy .....  a little spoodle (X spaniel and poodle) who came to live with us just 2 days before Christmas........  We had thought it would be around March before we found a pup (locally and affordable) so this was most unexpected to us but I'm sure God already had her picked out for us.  She was just 9 wks old at the time and has brought soooo much love and laughter and joy back into our house ....... just what we both needed! 

In early December we had friends from Tassie come to stay a couple of nights and we had a great time catching up and enjoying their 2 Jack Russells who also came with them 
Recently I've managed to finish that 2nd pair of socks I started last year in Feb!

While in November I was busy changing the bathroom curtains and sewing up some new ones for the Kitchen - which are a tad difficult to see in this photo but they have emu's on them
Stacey managed to get up to see us after Christmas and Meet little Lucy!  She is just soooo tiny in these photos but getting a bit bigger now .....

Our youngest Grandson Jax had his first day of high school this week!!!


In November my eldest got me some fat from the Abattoirs and I rendered it down out the back so I could use it to make a more cost effective soap.  Years ago I used tallow and it's blended with oils and has made a beautiful soap that has been shared as gifts to many friends and family - here I had Orange & Spearmint, Lemon Myrtle and a Vanilla & Oats ...... more have been made since then along with a few lip balms and other lotions.  It takes time to render the fat to tallow but I'm pleased to be able to use this free source of what would otherwise be thrown away.

And while our youngest grandchild started highschool this week ...... his brother, our eldest Grandchild Jarryn finished High School in November!  Unfortunately we couldn't afford to make it up to Townsville which was a bit sad, but we are very proud of him.

In late October we had my sister and her family over from New Zealand and it was lovely for Dad to be able to see them all again and great for us all to have some time catching up 

The Garden has produced some beautiful blooms over the seasons and we have been seeing some amazing sunsets !


Little miss Lucy at 9 wks showing her size against Pete's thong!

And this was the best way to get her weight at the time lol ...... Pretty sure she won't sit in the mixing bowl that still any longer!!!  1.6kgs
And it seems reasonable that I should finish the photos with another knitted finish which was done late October or perhaps November??  We were still having some cooler weather then, but it's certainly Hot Summer Days now!!!  Still, I'm looking forward to being able to use this one come Winter ..... the rolled neck actually extends up to come over like a hood
This was just a quick recap of the past few months late Oct through to early / mid January (if you count the first day of high school photo lol).  I've picked up a bit of extra work and the puppy has been keeping me very busy as you might imagine.   I'm hoping that this year can bring me back to blogging a bit more often and it seems like I've been able to find a work around for getting my photos on here which is good.  I've yet to see if I can make comments on other blogs as that was causing me issues which sent me right away from Blogger the past few months!!!  It was just tooo frustrating ...... so we shall see ...........    Till then,

Hugs, Sharm

3 comments:

Lin said...

A great catch up Sharm, lets hope blogger has sorted itself out. xx

Janice said...

A nice newsy catch up. Lucy will be such a lovely addition to your home. She’s such a cutey.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Good to catch up with you and see all the nice family photos, Sharm. Little Lucy is very sweet. Lots of nice projects that you have shown us, too. The socks and pullover turned out quite good. Homemade soap is a nice luxury. Hope you are staying cool. We had snow today. I am finally able to comment! Take care x Karen