Saturday, March 12, 2022

TA DAAAA

 I worked hard on Sunday to get the borders all sewn in and do a bit of hand stitching around the hexies so that during the week...............

 I could sit after work and quietly stitch down the final border ........ 



I have to say it was worth all the effort as I really do love it.  The original design is one of Lynette Andersons called  Hexi Woodland Table Runner 



I feel like its a real Ta Daaa moment given the number of times it's been packed up for moving house  ............... and it also makes it feel like I'm able to finally work on making a house our home for a tad longer than the past 3 moves over the past 3 years!!!  It gives hope to getting that Bunny Quilt finished as well!!

So much sew that when I found myself in my old stomping grounds during a client visit at the start of the week,  I decided my lunch break should be spent visiting the sewing shop I used to frequent when we lived in Bundalong and found some lovely material that I plan to make into project bags for my knitting ......... and just because I mentioned the word knitting these two adorable skeins decided to jump right into the bag with the material!!!!  I have a couple of ideas for them but that could be subject to change lol

Midweek I had to drive a couple of hours North to Neranderra for a work meeting - most of the drive between Corowa and there is quite flat and open

And on the way back in the afternoon ................... Emu's were out - we don't get to see them as frequently as we see Kangaroos, so it's quite exciting and with no traffic to see I stopped to grab a quick photo from the car!



Coming through a small township I couldn't resist taking this photo to share ............ 




and now here we are at the weekend again!!  I'm hoping to get a bit more homemaking completed but I have several tasks listed (including some mowing and weeding so we shall see!)  Enjoy your day

Hugs Sharm xo

9 comments:

loulee said...

Fantastic finish. That must feel good.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your runner looks beautiful! Well done! Lovely treasure from your lunch time visit. Lovely to see wildlife. The silo art in country towns is wonderful! Glad that critter is just pretend lol!

Lin said...

Such a pretty finish Sharm, gorgeous. How wonderful to see Emu's! and the spider is brilliant. xx

Judy S. said...

Love that table runner. Lynnette Anderson's designs are wonderful, aren't they. I can't imagine seeing ostriches and kangaroos; we get excited to see deer. We did see a cougar once, but that was scary, not exciting!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Christine M said...

Your table runner is lovely Sharm.

Janice said...

The runner is so pretty. No wonder you are happy with it. Enjoy playing with your new purchases. We always play spotto for emus - and camels. Haven’t seen any on our travels for a while, but it’s fun looking.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That's a fantastic Ta da. It's so beautiful I think maybe you should hang it on the wall. And how wonderful to see wild emus. I would feel like I was on safari :)

Chookyblue...... said...

The runner looks lovely.....