Sunday, March 6, 2022

FNWF Achievements


Friday Night With Friends (FNWF) was hosted by Chez - which is a great way of putting aside some time to sit and stitch (be it sewing, knitting, embroidery or whatever takes your fancy) - just time to sit at some stage between Friday and Saturday evening working on projects and knowing others around the world are doing the same thing.  If you click on the link you'll get to see lots of projects being worked on by others taking part that have blogs in which they can share.  I had to work Friday as well as fit in taking Dad to the Doctors and decided it was high time Friday night to pull out my embroidered table runner that has been a WIP that began back in Bundalong!!!  This is where I was up to when I pulled it out ............    I worked on it a bit more Saturday and was so excited to actually get the embroidery finished on it!!  It's a bit hard to see it all with it needing a good iron but you'll get to see it ironed soon enough as I'm hoping to get time today (Sunday) to get the edges sewn on and have it all finished to be able to put on the table.

After a bit I needed to put down the needle and thread and pick up the knitting needles and began work on yet another new project (a shawl KAL being run with Fogbound Knits on Ravelry  during March and April and for everyone who completes the shawl they get a free pattern of their choice from Fogbound Knits - so its a great way of knitting up a shawl and building up your knitting patterns at the same time!  You are allowed to make alterations to the pattern to a degree (which is often referred to as being disobedient ....... for this shawl though, I prefer the word Whimsical and that's exactly what I'm doing!)   Let's just hope the finished Whimsical notion looks  good enough!!  I guess we shall see lol  And I wanted to add a touch of colour here and there with random stripes ............ again, we shall see how the end result turns out I guess  but  after Friday night and some time yesterday I got this far with it


The Knitting Pattern is called Miss Potter as the designer thought it would be something you could imagine Beatrix Potter Character to have in her wardrobe!  Anyhow, I'll leave you with that thought  - enjoy your Sunday my friends and may God shine His favour upon you


 

11 comments:

loulee said...

Wow, it looks stunning even before you press it.

Helen said...

Your table runner looks great, will look forward to seeing it with the borders on. Looks like a lovely shawl that you are working on.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your runner looks just lovely...well done on your progress! Love Beatrix Potter....good,luck with your knitting project xx

Janice said...

A very productive evening for you. To think you are so close to finishing the table topper. It will be lovely. Have fun with the shawl.

Maria said...

Looks fantastic and sew good to have worked on a long term project..
Great start to the shawl as well. I like the colours you worked into it.

Susan said...

The hexie project looks good - can't wait to see it.

Lin said...

Doesnt that look pretty Sharm! Looking forward to seeing it pressed and finished. Enjoy your knitting. xx

Radka said...

Great idea for hexies!

Judy S. said...

That table runner is going to be gorgeous! And I can't wait to see more of your Miss Potter shawl.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your table runner is looking lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your shawl :)

Christine said...

Embroidery work is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the completed shawl. Christine