Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Goodbye February and OPAM finishes

It's nice to go away but it's just as nice getting home ...... although the backyard was quite the jungle after just a few days (not mowing before we left probs didn't help lol). 

 I discovered I can't knit or crochet on winding roads so not much of that happened at all till we got back home and I spent a good part of Saturday afternoon sitting on the lounge chair relaxing after not getting much of a sleep the past 3 nights ...... But .................

  

Before I get onto my OPAM finishes I want to share with you these lovely additions picked up on our trip ........ Stopping at Bega we had plenty of time in the afternoon to check out the shops there ...... we ended up in a lovely antique shop and Pete bought me this lovely set of 2 cups, saucers and plates that I fell in love with!   As well as a set of old canisters that we both really loved and needed to come home with us!  I love using canisters and enjoy having older ones that bring memories of older days  .............. I've spent yesterday fixing up the sideboard unit (it was left here in the house so it's being used, but its likely to get replaced in the future at some point), and had pretty much been the dumping ground as I unpacked boxes ... so getting these new additions for our anniversary was great encouragement to getting it sorted (the very top needs a bit more sorting out yet) ......

Moving onto OPAM and my finishes for February it looks like it was pretty much spent with the knitting needles  with my pair of knitted socks; the Haywire Cowl; and the knitted Houndale Beanie for Stacey.  I did have plans for getting some sewing and embroidery completed but spare time in Feb seemed to go towards putting up the preserves from the garden and extra medical appoints and other needs with Dad and trying to sort out the ongoing saga with our Ute (purchased 2 yrs ago new and having had endless backwards and forwards in an attempt to fix the problem with it ...... I don't need to go into it here but its got to the pointy end of the stick lets just say!). I can't believe how quickly the months are going by - nor how busy they seem to continue to be ......... or does it just take me longer to do things these days perhaps??  I'm really hoping to get a quilt made up before Easter as well as getting that embroidered table runner completed!!  I've just finished baking some Muffins and a Zucchini Loaf in the oven so now I'll head and pick up that embroidery!!

 With all the flooding around Australia at the present time - I hope you and your loved ones are all safe.  For those who may be wondering- Our daughter and SIL in Brisbane are ok - although the place was leaking they were not flooded out!


6 comments:

Lin said...

Pretty anniversary purchases Sharm. xx

Judy S. said...

It's fun to collect teacups, isn't it? I love your newest ones! It's been really rainy here, too, with flood warnings as well as avalanche warnings in the mountains. It was the wettest Feb. 28th here since 1972. I am definitely ready for a bit of sunshine, but more rain is predicted for the rest of the week. Now I need to look up your OPAM finishes!

Christine M said...

Lovely purchases, Sharm. I love collecting old things like that.

Janice said...

You found some lovely treasures on your travels. Yes, this year seems to be flying by. Maybe we just slowed down a bit during the last couple of years and are trying to catch up? I hope you get your planned projects finished on time.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Happy Anniversary and I love the treasures you got.

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow that sideboard is huge..... Nice to have it looking pretty.....