Sunday, February 20, 2022

FNSI Results

 Friday night was spent visiting friends - I took along my sock knitting so I could work on that while my friend was busy preparing tomatoes for relish she was making the next day .... and while the boys went visiting at the local Pub!  It was great to get a bit more of it worked on and I continued with it last night as well so I'm just at the point of beginning the heel section .........  I'm hoping to get it finished by end of Feb but we shall see.
But I also picked up the beanie Stacey had ordered ready for their trip south in May and got it finished off.  I'm really happy with the marled effect of holding the 2 yarns together (Bendigo Wool - Rustic in Linen Fleck and Tea Rose photos are in the previous post).
This is the first Beanie finished this year and is one of Woolly Wormheads designs - I've joined in with the Woolly Wormhead Dozen for 2022 - trying to knit 12 different WW hats in the year so this is Number 1 completed and adds a bit of fun to the process.  You can join this over in Ravelry - this design was a free one called Houndale which I've linked so you can find it easily if you want to make one as well.  For my project details head to my Ravelry page - the sidebar has the link
 These balls of yarn are too big to easily take in the car on our trip next week so I'll be taking the socks with me but may need to throw in the crochet hook and a couple of balls of cotton to work up a few dish cloths (crochet is much easier when driving bumpy roads and I feel we may have a few of those).  Thanks to Wendy for organising as it helps to keep on track with projects and nice to visit other blogs to see what projects others got up to over the weekend - click on the link (Wendy's name) to see them.  As for me, I have quite a bit to do today to get things in order for our trip so I will bid you all farewell for now!

Hugs Sharm


6 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

What a fun challenge to be joining in with this year! Your first one is lovely - looking forward to seeing the others throughout the year! xx

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That's a fun challenge. This hat looks great. I knitted quite a few hats before Christmas and I have laid down my needles for now but I'll look forward to seeing your others throughout the year :)

Janice said...

Your friend should be really happy with her beanie. What a fun challenge. It sounds quite doable.

Raewyn said...

I really like your beanie - you're right, that yarn combination works really well. Hope you can get some crafting done on your roadtrip!

Susan said...

Food luck with your 12 hats!

Lin said...

Nice work with the beanie and good to have a girlie night while the boys are out! xx