Saturday, December 18, 2021

December FNSI and a peak inside

Our new loungeroom has a mantel!

And who would have thought I'd actually make a FNSI before the end of 2021!!!  I'm loving being back in this area with lots of friends with like minded interests - not to mention the weather patterns certainly work better for my past times and interests.......  Anyhow - who said I needed an excuse to enjoy where we have moved to lol ........... 





 Early in Dec I got to catch up with one of my friends who is very talented at both spinning and weaving.  She helped to get my spinning wheels sorted out (although they need a bit more tweaking to make spinning a little easier) 


This is a tea towel she hand weaved in one of her looms, which she gifted to me as a house warming gift!  It's just so soft and luxurious - I  feel very blessed to have such an awesome gift!

- and she helped me finally get started on knitting socks.  This is something that has been on my list for a few years now and I'm really enjoying the process ...... So I got to do a bit more on my socks last night for FNSI.   Thanks Wendy for hosting this!

 I'm working on both socks so that it helps cement what I'm doing and also has the advantage of having a pair at the end of the process rather than having to turn around and start again lol .......  in order to do this I had to wind half the ball of yarn to another ball to make it easier to work on.  The pattern is coming out different but since I'll be wearing shoes anyway I don't have a problem with this.     


I have a few other items currently on needles as I got a little excited when we first got down here and I started unpacking my yarn stash ........ and deciding that most of it could live in the Pie Cupboard had to have its new home in the craft room/office (still a work in progress ............ soooooo much paperwork to sort out UGGHHHH! 

 The spinning wheel now lives in the lounge room ...... close to the reading nook I created which has my big bookcase, rocking chair and writing desk together with that little wooden red gum table Pete made me up in Maryborough.  I'm really enjoying my little nook. 


 It was the formal dining room when we bought the house but I hate carpet in a dining room area and luckily Pete felt the same way - so the big table is in the family area between the kitchen and bar (yes! You heard right - this house came with a bar and they even left the little bar fridge with it!  Since I still have boxes to unpack in this area - you will have to wait to see this another time  lol


2 comments:

Maria said...

Nice to see you join in again and you've done well working on your socks..
Your friend make a gorgeous tea towel..

Lin said...

Great to catch up with you again Sharm and to share FNSI with you. Gorgeous yarn for your socks - I do love knitting socks! stay safe. xx