Sunday, April 28, 2024

April Roundup

 


Time for the April round up before this month is over!!  Firstly a bit more from Scrub Stitchin ..... while there I made a start on the wonderful project that was in our gift bag - now I've finally unpacked I can show you!  More about it when I pull it out next month to work on.

Also need to show you this lovely gift that Christine left with me before she headed home ..... I sure hope we get to enjoy another road trip together next year .......Yep, I'm fully hooked and have put the dates aside for Scrub Stitchin next year lol 


Janice shared this quilt during show and tell ......... it got me thinking (always dangerous lol)

Yep, I have been wanting to make a "travel" quilt for a couple of years - having purchased some

appropriate material when Pete bought a camper off people when we were in Maryborough!  I was super excited at the time, thinking we would actually go do some travelling and camping ...... yeah right!!  The boat is the only thing worth towing apparently but since we will be doing some travelling in July/August (all be it in "pet friendly" cabins) - I've decided to use this pattern and the materials to make the travel quilt!!!  It will then become  "MY" Travel quilt for all girly weekends!!  I made a start with the help of Janice (via messages, phone calls and lots of pictures lol) ........ then I realised I wasn't going to have enough of the background dark red ........ I've had to wait to access some material shops to try getting something close enough to use so perhaps in the next week I'll get back to it!

Of course hand quilting on the "Down the Rabbit Hole " continues ...... its almost like a saga now! (so I don't think a photo is required lol) But it is my number 9 on the Chookshed Challenge list so its certainly being attended to!   Unlike the Rainbow Scrap Challenge which is sitting in the corner .... waiting ...... don't worry - it has LOTS of company lol


While Pete has been off for the weekend fishing with mates, I had to get busy with the needles and hook ..........

Another little Beanie for Mila - such a quick and easy pattern .... Melange Baby Beanie

On the needles below is Artus  _ I'm loving the way the waffle pattern looks and I've just completed the first small section of colourwork .... charts are yet to come and I'm not sure how I'm going to find those ...........


On the hook is a cot sized blanket requested for Mila, so it's having to take a step forward in the production line as the temperatures here begin to drop ....... I'm trying to incorporate a range of colours into it - although Lucy from Attic 24 always uses 15 colours in her blankets (this may end up with a couple more ???) ..... and yes, it's one of her patterns  - The Dune Blanket  ....... I'm not sure yet about how the colours are progressing ........ What do you think??


Well that's it for the moment ...... off to do more hooking lol 

Take care, 

Sharm

7 comments:

loulee said...

Oh oh! Show and tell can be very dangerous.

Lin said...

Anni always produces such lovely kits for the Scrub Stitchin girls, looking forward to seeing these progress. Lovely gift from Christine. Nice things on your needles and hook, love the blanket, super colours. Good to chat the other day, always nice to put a voice to a name and face! xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Lots of things on the go here your doing great..... Was you going for no 9 to finish down the rabbit hole or just work on it......

Janice said...

You have been busy since you returned home. Mila is very lucky to have you making lovely things. Your travel quilt will be so handy.

dq said...

You do have a lovely start on the gift project.
Wow, you are hand quilting "Down the Rabbit Hole"! I didn't realize that. It is even more amazing to me now.

Narelle said...

Lots of lovely projects for April. The Travel Quilt design is one I have on my to do list.
As the weather cools my needles and hooks come out ... your rug pattern might have to jump to the top of my list 😍

Christine M said...

You've been keeping yourself busy Sharm. Your Scrub Stitchin' project is coming along. I love the caravan fabric in your travel quilt. Lovely knitting and crocheting too! xx