Friday, May 4, 2018

Countdown

It's all systems go around here as we get closer to our big move.  The removalist is all set to arrive at 
8am on Monday 21 May to begin loading our stuff into the truck /Semi!  Yep, we are on countdown with quite a bit to accomplish in that time frame!  My last day of work will be the 16th May (coincidentally that's also my birthday), and Hubbie has his last day of work on Friday 11th May so that he has that last week to get all the sheds cleaned out and all the other jobs he needs to get done - Luckily he only had to give 3 weeks notice.  I'm thankful that my roster already had the Thurs and Friday as rostered days off!   Sometime in these next couple of
weeks we will have a rental sorted out.   
For April OPAM  I was able to get the scarf finished for daughter.  I used a mixture of the 4ply fingering yarn she had chosen when I was in Melbourne and teamed it with the 8ply Bendigo Moon (Milky Way) and I love the texture it's created.

Today is the 1st Friday of the month so I'll be joining in with Cheryll for Friday Night With Friends  - I'm planning to do a bit of work on a crochet rainbow lap blanket that I'm hoping to get finished to give to a friend before we leave.  I'm afraid the test knit cardigan has taken a back seat with everything going on but I hope to get back to it soon!  Meantime the rest of the sewing/craft room has been packed up ...... it will be great to have this lot of stuff reunited with the stash I packed up this time last year when we sent a load up to the house in June. 

Pete couldn't help himself after seeing these two beauties in a shop over where he was working
during the week.  He procrastinated over them for a good few days before finally coming home with them .........   I can see us having alot of fun working out where all the lamps are going live in the new house.  Just getting all our lamps together to see just what we do have will be nice, since so many were sent up last June with the first load of stuff.










 In between all the busyness, I'm getting just a tad excited to be moving on with our next chapter....................
Not long and we will be living here instead of visiting!

6 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Busy and exciting times for you! Your new home is just lovely. The scarf is very nice and your blanket so colorful! The lamps will make a nice addition to your collection, too. I hope all the sorting and packing goes smoothly for you! Be sure to take a break now and again to have a little treat. xo Karen

Helen said...

Sounds wonderful, wxciting times ahead for you both. I will pop back to check out your FNWF progress.

Jo said...

Wow. Hope all goes well for you

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh wow terribly exciting ..... When you passing by?

Lin said...

So exciting Sharm to be finally on the move. Hope it all goes smoothly. I love the scarf and the rainbow crochet looks great. xx

Maria said...

How exciting to be finally moving, sorry your house didn't sell yet..

Such a delicate pretty scarf..