Tuesday, April 4, 2017

7 Years!

Apparently my last 2 posts haven't actually published and are somewhere in cyberspace!!  How frustrating is that!!  So it's now 2 weeks or there abouts since I last posted, and I'll try to fill you in!  On March 26 it was 7 years since we collected the keys to the cottage here at Bundalong!  How time flies!!  So with the end of March I was able to make the OPAM report having finished 2 projects - the crochet blanket and a sewn chair cover.
  I do enjoy linking up with Peg and Kris for this "one project a month" as it's good to be able to look back and see what's been achieved during the year.  Of course I've also been keeping up with my two BOM's but since they are a block each month the projects won't be actually finished till the end of the year! The 3rd pattern is just out for down the rabbit hole as it get released the very last day of the month, so I'm currently working on cutting out little leaves for the flowers - I'll show you during the week sometime. 
This weekend gone we had daughter and partner come for a quick visit while they were up from Melbourne to attend a christening.  With the cold weather now beginning I gave John the beanie I made up for him in January and he was thrilled with it!  A very good reaction and he's planning to wear it to and from work!






For those wondering if I've started attacking that load of cotton yarn that arrived last week ....... well, of course I have lol ......... I've begun work on a  crochet ripple blanket for our youngest grandchild Jaxson in Bubblegum Crush, Orange and Lime Crush which were his chosen colours!
The first row of the ripple blanket

Progress on the Alternate Ripple

I fell for some magazines during the week and finally got to sit on the front veranda over the
weekend with a cuppa and begin having a bit of a read of them.  I'm really missing us not having our vegie patch - not much point with the house on the market ...... however a pumpkin vine has decided to grow in one of the patches which is kinda nice to have them covered in something!  It has quite big leaves compared to the normal pumpkin vine that has been growing here.  It's growing so fast that it already has a few decent sized pumpkins that can be seen growing!  I'm wondering if it's a Jap or maybe a Queensland Blue ..... guess I'll find out soon enough lol
 

That's it for me given this is the third time for writing this,..... I'm feeling a little despondent the past few days so I sure hope that passes soon - at least this week is my "short" working week so I'll get more days at home later in the week to get things done.

8 comments:

Jo said...

These are strange things, computers. My work one shut down yesterday so they sent me home an hour early. Hope it's fixed this morning. Glad he like his beanie. He will be needing it soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharm how disappointing for you with your posts not posting,well thus one has so that's good.your new mags look interesting.
You are always so productive,love seeing your finishes,well done.

Lynda said...

Good to see an update! Your pumpkin vine looks very lush, even if you don't get pumpkins, the vine is very green and pretty.

I bought Grass Roots the other day...to get a 'green fix' :)

Was your house in QLD ok with all the floods?

Hope your spirits have lifted. All that lovely yarn should do the trick :) xx

Lin said...

What a shame that your posts have disappeared! Very annoying I am sure. Anyway, good to hear from you. Good work on the ripple blanket. xx

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Very annoying to lose your posts! It's nice to see you're back :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Well, that's very frustrating to lose your blog posts. I admire your stick-to-it attitude with all your projects. I can't seem to focus lately. The afghan you made looks wonderful and the beanie looks very nice, too. I hope you are feeling a bit better soon. It's always draining to wait for a home sale and move. Fun to have the pumpkin growing all on its own. Sending hugs xo Karen

BizarreQuilter said...

Ooh, what an interesting post! So much news. Lovely to catch up with you. ;)

Lorraine

creations.1 said...

Grass Roots, Organic Gardener and Earth Garden - my 3 favourite gardening books - have been getting them since they started! Of course there are some craft mags up there as well.....well all craft mags!! You have been a busy girl in the crafting department - a very happy model indeed there!