Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A February Wrap Up

With yesterday being the last day of the month of February, it's time for a quick wrap up ...... This month I've managed to spend quite a bit of time on various projects - mostly of the larger kind, like the crochet rug, and the Quilting BOM
as well as my blogging hexie tablecloth which is coming along nicely now, and I've begun piecing the flowers together and started to attach some of the hexies to the middle section.  Doing that is also helping me to work out how many extra hexies I need to make.  And since its EPP week, I'll link in with Anthea and continue to get a few more hexies under way..........



At the end of each month its the OPAM report, and I'm pleased to report that I did at least complete one project this month - a nice little  crochet journal cover which I designed and made up for a friend for her birthday.  I added a couple of little crochet flowers to finish it off.


On the home front  Pete and I celebrated our 32nd anniversary on the 23rd of February. For the past few years we have taken holidays around this time and celebrated in various places around
Australia, but this year having the house here on the market its far more difficult to make plans.  Since Pete bought us both new fishing rods and reels just the week before, I decided I should get him a little something too ....... I found this in one of the Jewellery Shops in Wangaratta during a lunch break.  When we were first going out together we would often play cards with another couple.  It's been years since we've played cards but with retirement and a new move coming up, I thought just maybe we might find another couple who enjoys playing cards for matchsitcks (no money ever involved in our games lol).

And at the Yarrawonga Markets this month the quilting Bus from Charters Towers was there ........  I found a few items and then just as I was picking out a couple of fat quarters for the quilt, Pete stopped in and assisted with picking another couple of colours he thought would also work with them ..... which of course they did and I was more than happy to add to my little pile ......

 I'm a little late getting this post out today, but I've been feeling sick all day - thankfully Scruffy has been beside me keeping an eye on things! 



6 comments:

Jo said...

Take it easy. Love the box of cards... I like playing fun games but hubby doesn't.

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary - what a lovely box to keep the cards in.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Lin said...

Hope you feel better soon. What a pretty journal cover and the card box is brilliant. Happy Anniversary. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharm,love the journal cover you designed and made,its awesome,Happy anniversary to you both,great idea the cards and i hope you feel better soon.

Anthea said...

What a fab cards box Sharmayne! Happy Anniversary♥
Lovely projects there & great work on the hexy table topper, it's coming along nicely!
x

Helen said...

Hope you are feeling better happy anniversary. Very pretty journal cover, love the card idea enjoy :)