Wednesday, January 11, 2017

While We Wait........


It's a waiting game this putting a house on the market and then sitting and waiting for it to sell for who knows exactly how long......... cause at the end of the day no matter how many lookers stop by, it's that one person that you are waiting for ................







so until then we are both busy back at work, but on days off we are also busy packing up any items that we don't feel need to be sitting out (less to pack when it does sell, although I feel I may have packed up a little too much of the cabin) ..... and as promised I'm getting back into my projects ......... linking in with Anthea for English Piecing, (although I keep missing the real linky to add me to it lol),  its reasonable that I continue to work on the hexies for the tablecloth .....
today I worked on getting Ruth's signature hexie turned into one of the flowers.   I need to think about layout soon and also the colour hexies that I'll be using to connect them all together ....... And after the last post I have a couple more lovely bloggie friends who are hoping they might get a signature hexie made up for me!
I'm also keeping pretty busy trying to work out materials for this new BOM I'm embarking on .........  "Down the Rabbit Hole" by Sarah Fielke ......... its such an appropriate name for us that it's fitting this queen sized quilt will be for our new bed in Maryborough when we get there ............... and if I get through it all!  Talk about a rabbit hole, my goodness, I'm finding out about all sorts of things I never knew about (given this little piggy has never had a sewing or quilting lesson ever - its always been a " yup, looks like, feels like , yup that'll do it" which may be why I've always found sewing such a chore!) ....... so why does it still appeal to me sooooooooo very much I wonder???????    Anyhow, I now have background fabrics and black mottled fabric for my bunny rabbits........  and a couple other colours for other bits (I need lots more and I may have to pull out one of those boxes that are already packed)  ....

Today as you might have guessed is a rostered day off, and being my only day off this week I was taking full advantage ...... so I did manage to pull out the frozen bags of tomatoes (4kgs) which are on the stove as we speak turning into tomato relish which I hope to get bottled up later tonight before bed.  Moving those out of the chest freezer meant I could move the stuff from the drinks fridge freezer into the chest freezer and get the drinks fridge frosted (so nice to find frozen bardie grubs and bullocks livers in there for fishing lol) No, I won't share those photos, I'm sure you have all had your share of defrosting those kinds of freezer spaces lol ....... So instead I'll share a photo of my supervisor for the day ..... Mr Scruffy is feeling rather exhausted after all the cooking, washing, cleaning and sewing we managed to achieve today!  He is very happy to be waiting for Pete to arrive home so he can relax!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharm hope your house sells quickly for you,it looks a lovely place.
These hexies are looking fantastic and good luck with your down the rabbit hole,lol .

Lin said...

Good to hear you have some more signatures on the way Sharm. xx

creations.1 said...

It mau have been your day off but you sure packed in some work. Hexies are looking lovely. Typical supervisor there! - sitting down watching!

Helen said...

Hope that one person is on his way to your place today good luck. Lovely hexies :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I do hope you sell your sweet house quickly! Your hexie project is wonderful and you have a good start. I do love your Scruffy supervisor. I have a couple of those myself:) Thank you for your kind condolences. xx Karen

Maria said...

Good luck with your house selling...
Nice to have time to sit and Stitch your tablecloth hexies....

Chookyblue...... said...

hope the house sells fast......the waiting game is long and slow......even if it does move quickly......