Saturday, July 23, 2016

Friday Night

Last night was Friday Night Sew In hosted by Wendy - a wonderful way to knit, sew, crochet by virtual means.  Since it's still winter here and I'm on a roll - late home from work and not at all prepared for a sewing evening - I grabbed one of the new balls of yarn purchased at Bendigo in last weekends haul.  I think it will be perfect for a beanie for my eldest sons partner.  She has been eyeing off all the handknits I've been making, so it's high time I make one for her!   With only a couple of hours I sat down, watched a movie that just happened to come on when I sat down - and proceeded to cast on.  I almost got the brim finished.  I waited till this morning, which just happened to be sunny, to take a photo of it, and with the sun out and the lavender suddenly in bloom I couldn't resist having it as the background!
 
While I was knitting,  Scruffy decided he needed some special attention from Pete!  I think he must know that I have to head off tomorrow morning to head back down to Melbourne for another work related day at the Alfred Hospital.  I'm getting a lift down with daughter who is up for the weekend with her partner visiting his family who have had a recent addition to the family.  It will be nice to get a ride down with them and spend the night at their place.  I'll be catching the 6pm train back up after the course finishes  at 5pm.  3 hrs on the train back to Wangaratta and then around 40 mins or so drive home - a long day!












I managed to get the other beanie finished and posted off to the 3rd niece having a birthday over in New Zealand.  She likes rainbows - sure hope she likes this one as its rather bright!

I know it's officially still Winter here, but I just feel like we are having a snippet of early spring in the air??  Even seeing some of the early bulbs in full flower - yes, lots of weeds as well hmmmmmm - that all needs to go on the "to do" list!!   I think by next weekend most of the "crazy busy" might have come to a slow down and I can get all my sewing projects back out (like the signature tablecloth) ......... till next time,
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Hugs Sharm xo


6 comments:

Lin said...

Glad you managed to relax and get some knitting done Sharm. Gorgeous colour. xx

Jo said...

You sound so busy.... What do you do at the Alfred...

Deb R said...

everyones hitting the knitting craze, yours looks great!

Karen's Korner said...

Love that rainbow beanie. You made good progress with the blue one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharm you always do such beautiful knitting ,its been freezing down our way ,keep warm my friend xx

Raewyn said...

Spending the evening with your knitting needles and a ball of wool sounds perfect after a long day. The rainbow beanie is a fun wear!!