Its that time of the month when FNSI has come around again! A big thankyou to Wendy from
Sugarlane Designs, who takes the time to host this for us! I was lucky enough to have both Thursday and Friday off work this week which meant I had plenty of time to get all the cleaning, groceries, washing and errands out the way and sit down Friday afternoon to make a start! I had seen something that got my interest on FB earlier in the day ...... Chair Socks! Have you heard of them?? I thought they could possibly be the perfect solution for our timber chairs on our timber floors (I'm sure you know what I mean by that) ........ They are a crocheted item and although there are a couple of patterns out there, I ended up doing my own to fit out chair legs (they are all pretty similar). If you think you might like to make some up (I'll need to do some for the rest of our chairs now), I'll put my pattern below for you to use.
Super easy - ch 3, join with a ss.
Round 1: dc 6 into the circle you just made and join with a ss. ch 1. (If you lay your yarn end around the ring and crochet over it in the next row you won't have to sew it in later.)
Round 2: then 2 dc into each stitch - (12 stiches) and join with ss.
Round 3: ch 1, ( 2 dc into first stitch, dc into each of next 3) repeat 2 more times giving total of 15 stitches and join with ss. This now forms the base or pad of the sock. If you need it bigger, then do another round increasing again as in Round 3.
Next Row ch 1 the dc into each stitch. Continue rounds until you reach desired length. Sew in end. I chose to turn mine inside out to pop onto the ends of the chairs as I preferred that look.
I used a size 4mm hook and dk / 8ply acrylic yarn, but a worsted weight yarn/ 10ply would work very well. Terms are in English. (US: dc = sc)
Friday night also saw a bit more progress on the jumper for DH ..... its slowly getting bigger!!! I decided I would continue on this morning with some sort of sewing ....... but first I wanted to see what was in a container I had seen in the bookcase in the room our son has been using since he moved back home ......... Well, it turned out to be all the blocks (some complete and some not started) plus the pattern and design and such that I had put together for our snail mail group a few years back. With all the upheaval around here since we moved in, I never did get the chance to get back to it. I thought this morning I might sit on the veranda with my morning coffee and do a bit of it once I'd checked my emails and FB ............ Well, as it turned out I had an invite from one of the girls who used to be in the snail mail group for a sew along about to start in an hours time!!! Amazing!! Turned out a couple of other girls that had been in our snail mail group were also invited to the FB sew along and they recognised the block I was working on as part of the quilt we had all been making lol Seems I wasn't the only one to have put it to one side for a bit lol The magpie family stopped by to check out what I was up to and have a bit of breakfast as well ...... they turn up most mornings before I head to work, and again in the evenings.
This actually sparked the interest on it a bit more, so after a bit of gardening during the day ..... weeding actually! ......... I worked on getting the basic applique cut out and pasted onto 4 more of the blocks ready for some hand stitching! And here is that block all finished :)
So thanks to both Wendy and to Janet ......... quite a bit was achieved between Friday night and Saturday afternoon! And before I forget ....... our pooch, Scruffy turned a ripe old 13yrs of age today! ..... he was not in the mood for photos today! Happy Birthday Scruffy xo