Saturday, April 6, 2024

April Update and Countdown

 In between sorting out things for Dad, I've been trying to stay on track with some projects ......
unfortunately the Number 4 item for Chookshed Stitchers Challenge in March didn't get very far and instead was replaced with me working on a woollen blanket for Mila - its quite some time since I picked up my woollen embroidery threads but I made up a little design - to begin all I knew was that I wanted a Duck in gumboots holding an umbrella .... google gave me a pic which I traced and I then made up the rest as I went ..... Just have the ribbon edging to finish it off which joins the nice bunny flannelette fabric to the back of the wool blanket........ Well before I got this post finished, I managed to finish the binding - but I won't get it delivered now till after the retreat so it will come with me for some show and tell I've just found out we need to take lol ..... how convenient!! I backed it with some lovely  woodlands bunny design flannelette to keep her toasty warm.

I've also been working on a little knitting project which is to be kept secret for a bit longer ........ and I'm packing up projects to take on my very first sewing retreat ....... with the Chookshed Stitchers at Scrub Stitchin in Baradine!  It's about 9 hours drive from here but thankfully Christine is also going and she will be driving from Melbourne up to here on Monday and staying here the night before we head off Tuesday morning on a little Girls Trek making our way to the retreat.  We plan to take our time and are stopping over in Dubbo overnight before heading to the retreat the following mornings.  I'm sure we will be having a few stops along the way to check out various bits and bobs ...... the countdown is on with just 4  make that 2 sleeps before she arrives!!!!  I'm taking my Down the Rabbit Hole Quilt to try getting the quilting done (its Number 9 on my Chookshed challenge list which is the number for April). 


 I have knitting and crochet and other sewing packed up as

well!!! And then it rained yesterday arvo and drizzled today with cooler weather ..... oooohhhhh how my fingers were itching to cast on something ..... so yesterday I went searching for something else to cast on and I decided on this wonderful mosaic shawl ...... I started trying to plan colours yesterday, but this morning on my walk with Lucy and after the heavy rain last night ...... I found my inspiration with the kangaroo standing in the grasses and this flowering native with the wet dry leaves under it and trunk wet from the rain ...... I'm not totally sure if I'll use the yellow or the red (or both) ...... but my itchy fingers have cast on in the green and I'm loving the way it's knitting up with various shades of green showing.  You will have to wait to see the progress till after I get back from Scrub Stitchin (lol - how appropriate for the photos I just put on here!)




But if you keep scrolling you will get to see the yarn I've chosen and the name of the pattern which can be found on Ravelry .... my only concern now, is that I'll be able to put down the needles and pick up the sewing at the retreat lol



 


Sooooo excited for this break away and getting time to just sit and stitch .........  although, little Lucy has not been so keen watching me pack my bags, since she now knows what that means .......


Until my next post,

 take care my friends 

Hugs Sharm xo



4 comments:

Susan said...

Poor Lucy - but you will have a wonderful time...Good that you have company on the rad too.....you may find some patchwork shops to visit. . . .the one at Coonabarabran is lovely.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hello Sharm, I have been scrolling down through your posts and seeing all that I have missed! My goodness, many happenings. First of all, congratulations on your sweet little grandbaby - she is precious and I am so happy for you and the family!
At the same time, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad having a fall and being in hospital, but glad that he is recovering and now living where he can be monitored 24/7. I know that you have taken good care of him over these years and it must ease your mind quite a bit.
Wonderful to see your beautiful stitchery and that you are enjoying some time having fun with the ladies. I hope your retreat is wonderful, too.
I haven't been keeping up with my sweet blogging friends lately and I am sorry for not checking in. It's been a busy time for me, but hopefully things are settling down now. Take care and I will be sure to check in more often. Hugs xo Karen

Christine M said...

Haha! Our adventure has started. It’s been wonderful so far and I’m sure we’re going to such a fabulous time at Scrub Stitching. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG I'm so excited... Can't wait to finally meet up....... Glad you have show and tell it's always so inspiring....... See you soon...... Oh and looking forward to seeing if you have finished the new yarn project.......