Sunday, February 18, 2024

February Progress

 

With only 11 days to go till February comes to an end I thought I should share my progress ........ which has come along since the chaos of early February when so much was taking place ....... Dad turning 95, The sister & BIL over for the weekend from New Zealand, our little Granddaughter arriving (obviously the most exciting news!!) and a girls day out to Echuca!   But then I needed to get onto some sewing and knitting in particular!   Our daughter has a very good friend who is almost part of the family since they have known each other since they were 13 and Carly spent many, many days and nights at our place over the years, and even coming on camping holidays with us.  She was also one of Stacey's bridesmaids (but unfortunately due to lock down was unable to make it to the wedding - along with 2/3rds of the wedding party and guests!).  Carly and her partner are now expecting their own little bundle of joy so I've been busy trying to get a couple of things made for the baby shower being held in March.

Although Number 2 on my knitting list says socks ...... the No 1 had Baby Jumper✅  so that's now ticked off  instead lol.  The beanie was made in January and the yellow yarn worked well with the Ravelry Stash Buster Challenge✅ ...... White is the February Colour for the Rav Colour Stash Buster✅


And onto the sewing .........  Whilst Number 2 on the list is the Eye Spy Quilt to get started ..... that


may yet happen but I'm not in a great hurry as I plan to make it as a Christmas Gift for Mila - so lots of time left to work on it yet!   Instead I decided to make a little pram quilt  and made it reversable so she can use it whichever way she likes ........ I had made a start on this on a previous post when I was working on the back of it using neutral colours ........
 then last weekend I chose the pastel type colours for the "front" and during the week and  FNSI and yesterday have managed to get it sewn up, quilted and the binding sewn down!  So I'm super happy with this being finished so quickly!!  Here is the finished Front
And the "Back"  ✅

I've also been making more progress on Down the Rabbit Hole with 3 of the corners now Appliqued and hand stitched ...... so just 1 more to go and it will finally be reading for the backing and the quilting process!


But wait ....... there is more!!!  Just a tiny bit ...... one more bird has been made following the colours for RCH  - meaning I have the 2 Green Birds for January, but yet to make the February colours which are Red!

And then I came across some woollen blanketing material which is just the right size for a little

winter pram blanket for Mila since it gets quite cold down here in Winter ....... I've started working out a bit of an idea and begun a bit of woollen embroidery on it so we shall see how that begins to take shape over the next few weeks or so ......  And that's pretty much a wrap for so far in February!




5 comments:

Susie H said...

What a sweet, gorgeous little granddaughter. Mila is precious and I can certainly see why you're so excited to hold her and make things for her. That reversible pram quilt is perfect -- love the double hearts for the quilting. Congratulations and go squeeze that baby a couple times for me. Loved the picture of her pushing her Daddy away -- such sweet little toes!

loulee said...

You have had a very productive month.

dq said...

Very nice knitted outfit for a lucky little!
Loving your bird blocks, and wowzer, you are moving along well on your applique'. For a busy month, you have certainly done well.

Jenny said...

Pretty knitting, pretty birds, pretty embroidered baby blanket!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful knitting, you certainly have had a productive month.