Sunday, April 2, 2023

It's a Sundaisy Day........

 


Its Sunday here and the first day back of NO daylight savings!!!!  That's always a plus in my books as I really dislike daylight savings. It was sooo nice to wake up to the sunrise and take Lucy for her morning walk ..... it was a bit shorter this morning as I'd seen a note from Chooky  advising of a very quick zoom for bloggers to catch up ..... a breath of fresh air after my last few weeks!  


Before getting on, I decided to head out and pick some mint and Lemon Balm to make a nice herbal tea .... it's been a while since I've done this and it was just perfect (in fact I ended up having a 2nd cup of it).  I'm hoping by having the Lemon Balm in a pot I can keep it going over the winter months, and as you can see, it also has some chamomile in it as well.



It did help to set the scene for my Sunday .... I took Pete out to the Corowa Market where he managed a
quick short walk around and catching up with a friend before heading back home for a rest and watching the car racing for the day. 

 I meant to show you this lovely gift a lady gave me.  I met her a couple of months back when I first started walking Lucy (she has a 3yr old cavoodle named Bailey)...... she felted this for me and gave it to us when we returned from Melbourne! She made it from memory of how Lucy looked about a month ago when she was tending to go a bit blonde around the snout!  I can't believe how talented she is.


Meantime I headed out to the Garden ...... Even though it is need of lots of weeding since getting back
from Melbourne .... the garden is my place where I've always felt closer to God, nature and at peace - although a it can also help when you need to burn off some energy!!!  The garden out the back area is now starting to take shape as well with the plantings around the pool starting to grow, and the pots doing well.

I've spent quite a few hours in the vegie garden since returning from Melbourne - it was totally out of control as far as the weeding goes .......... I kinda left the vegie garden to Pete this year since he was planting it up with stuff and I had no idea where anything was ....... he's not really into weeding ........ It's a work in progress, and I am gradually making some good progress.


The long grass in front section is hiding the rockmelon vine which is still producing - so leaving that weeding until its finished.
He did cut a barrel in half before the Melbourne trip so I could use both halves to take some of the strawberries out of the vegie patch and into them.  They seem to be coming on quite well and I'm in the process of moving the other strawberries to another area where they might not take over so much!
Strawberries, Mint and Lemongrass - the other half wine barrel is the other side of the fence


After an hour or two doing that it was time to come inside and sit with a cuppa and the book I recently borrowed from the library.  A friend recommended it recently in a letter she sent (Lynda also has her own blog which you might enjoy visiting).  I'm really enjoying it.  It's rather nice to be able to have a library in our little township and I was even more surprised to find they had this book.  Lynda had recommended another but alas - its not to be found here as yet.  Our library does link with a few others in the district which means books can also be ordered in from those libraries.





Yesterday I decided to begin some sorting of the craft/study room and I happened upon the bag with
some fabrics that I had bought back in November last year when I had signed up Daisy a Day with Jenny from Elefantz.  




 It's a paid subscription and I decided I best check through my 10,000 plus emails to find them and print them out ....... which I did ........ which then had me cutting out the backing fabric for the stitcheries ..............








 So today I was inspired to Just simply Stitch and enjoy doing some stitching Just for Me!  I decided to go with the block Sundaisy since today was Sunday and it was such a "Daisy of a Day"....... it feels like its been simply ages since I sat and stitched and it was just soooooo lovely and brought me such joy as sat at the table with the sunlight coming through looking out over the pool and garden area!




And now I'm afraid it's time to tend to the roast I have on (unfortunately the oven has decided its not going to work ...... so into the covered frypan it's gone).  I hope you all have a lovely week ahead ..... I'm currently not working as I left my job so I could take as much time as was going to be needed with Pete - given he is not allowed to drive, or lift anything more than 2kgs for 5-6 wks post surgery!  I couldn't deal with the pressure of giving time frames for how long I needed off considering I had no more than a couple of weeks leave up my sleeve.  So for now .... I'm kinda retired in a very loose sense of the word.  I'd be very happy to not return to work, but we will see how that shapes up over the next few weeks or so.
Until next time ....... Hugs, Sharm

4 comments:

loulee said...

After recent events it must be good to get back in to your garden and spend time with needle and thread. Best wishes for s sppedy recovery for Pete.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It was lovely to catch up with you on Chooky's zoom. Your garden looks fantastic and a lovely space to spend quiet time.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I hope you get to really retire, Sharmayne, but even if not, how wonderful you have the skills to look after Pete. He's blessed and you are blessed - just as it should be. I'm praying for his recovery. x
Hugs
Jennifer
PS: I think gardens are the perfect place to draw close to God, especially in times of trial. x

Chookyblue...... said...

So nice to see you briefly on zoom and catch up quickly...... Enjoy the garden it's the nice time of the year to be out there.....