Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Bit of Stitching

This week I decided to join in with "Friday Night With Friends" .  With Winter here its been quite cold and the little cabin has had no heating...... so Friday during my lunch break I managed to pick up an oil heater from Bunnings - pleased to say it has worked brilliantly and I only need to have it on the low temp to keep it warm.  Although it's Friday Night, my sewing  tends to continue on the next day (in between a bit of cleaning, washing and the trip into town for a few things lol).

With my helper keeping an eye on things, I managed to get a bit of secret sewing completed for the Christmas In July Swap.
Once that was done I managed to finish off a small table runner I started on a few weeks back, did a bit of mending and made a start on a cover for Petes Chair which is showing signs of wear and tear around the head rest.  It was my grandmothers chair and she left it for Pete when she died, as they always used to joke about it being his when she died.

I've come to the conclusion that while I might be able to sew various items and do embroidery and applique..... quilting is just not one of my gifts!!  It seems no matter how small the item, I still manage to have puckers and such. 

So yesterday afternoon I put down the sewing machine and picked up the knitting needles again.  I'm on a mission to try and knit or crochet up 5kms worth of yarn by the 7th August...... it's called The Stash Dash and it's being held over on the Ravelry site by The Knit Girllls. 


 If nothing else, it sure is encouraging a lot of us to get projects finished!  I've actually completed a crocheted bag, my stripey crocheted afghan, my berry ripple slippers, the baby booties, several dishcloths,a hotpad  and my hitchhiker scarf since the start of this year! More knitting/crochet than I usually get done in a year....... and I have a cowl just waiting for buttons, which I finished last night! Of course cooler weather sure helps with spending time with wool :)   So whatever you are doing today, I hope you have a productive day.
Hugs Sharm

9 comments:

Melody said...

Good luck with your Stash dash. I look forward to seeing the results.

Helen said...

The table runner looks lovely and great that you can now stay warm and toasty when working on your projects.

Christine M said...

Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy, Sharm. Good luck with the Stash Dash.

Mistea said...

Looks like you've got a good helper.
Nice stitches in your shed. Glad it's warm now.

Mistea said...

Looks like you've got a good helper.
Nice stitches in your shed. Glad it's warm now.

Josie said...

Glad your shed is warm and cosy. You've had a really productive time. Bet your little helper is tired out. Good luck with the stash dash.. that is some amount of yarn you need to knit..... xxx

Sheryl said...

Gosh, where do you find the time to do so many projects? I fancy doing a bit of knitting too. Look forward to seeing your work on the stash dash.

Narelle said...

Love your little helper :)
Happy stash dash!

Mayleen said...

Stay warm, difficult for me to say at this time of the year because it will be 96 degrees F here today! Good luck on the Stash Dash!