Monday, January 1, 2024

Welcome 2024


I'm opening my arms to Welcome 2024!!!  While 2023 wasn't all bad, it certainly was full of many challenges - (Pete with a quadruple bypass, valve repair and ligation taking months to recover and still back to his previous self; me with health issues which came down to Burn out and stress )  It's nice to move onto a new year!   With that I decided I also needed to have a fresh picture for the blog ..... I'm not sure this will be what stays, but it's a nice change.

I have quite a bit planned for this year so buckle your seat belt lol  I'm looking forward to working on lots of sewing, knitting and crochet (lots of WIP's to get finished!)........ and getting the house decluttered !   I've had 4 days without going around to Dads and its been soooo refreshing (he's a bit of a negative Nelly and listening to everything that is wrong gets a little depressing so I've realised with this very short break of just 4 days that its important for my own mental health to get that break!)  I've been making good progress on my "Down the Rabbit Hole" panels and its very close to the last panel being finished!



As you know from the last post, at some stage today Deana will be randomly picking a number and according to my list on the side bar - that will be the project that I'll be working on for January - although I do have a priority to get the ripple baby crochet blanket completed by the 1st of Feb!  Meantime I've managed to get the self striping socks finished!! Hooray!!  That now gives me 3 pairs come winter ............  I've used the same pattern each time and I'm really happy with how they fit and also how easy it was to follow the pattern.  They are knit from the toe up which means it's quite easy to measure as you go which I found very helpful having never knitted socks before these 3 pairs - Here is the link to the pattern Amy's Favorite Toe-Up Socks  




I also have my decluttering list (on a separate page - see up the top on the headers) which I'll be working on ........ although I started yesterday in the sewing room when I decided I needed to see what fabrics I have!!!!  Oh boy .........  One thing leads to another lol  - what a mess in the meantime lol

I'll also be continuing my walking ......Lucy is well into that routine now and I'll fill you on that in another post ........ yes, blogging will become more of a priority again for me this year ...... blogland seems to help more with reducing stress than Facebook every does ....... I love Simple, Uncluttered, Home and Heart, the basics .......... I'm hoping to use 2024 to return to those days where life was a little simpler and less complicated than life seems to have become over the past years!  For now ... enjoy your day my friends



4 comments:

Narelle said...

You're playing my tune for 2024 ... Simpler and less complicated :)

Susan said...

Good to have some plans - good luck with them!

Janice said...

Happy New Year! I wish you every success with your plans for 2024 and look forward to hearing more from you and catching up on Zoom.

dq said...

The applique' is stunning!

I hope this year will be better for you and Pete. What a blessing the medical industry can do now days!