Friday, May 1, 2015

April.....

It's Autumn here - Love the Tree with its seasonal changes
April arrived......and now it's gone!!  I'm not sure what happened to the past 30 days?? Perhaps a quick recount to find some of them ? You might like to travel April with me........  Down here in my little corner of the world it's Autumn and we are getting some cooler weather, so you might want to pop on your scarf and a light jacket .....









There was Easter which brought with it the front fence changes and lots of yard maintenance which seemed to take up a couple of our April weekends......

There were a few little projects to work on for others, like the pots mitts and another little hand towel for DD ....... plus a couple of other little projects that are in the process of winging their way to a swap partner overseas..... so I cant share those little bits just yet.   Scruffy also needed a thicker rug to lay on the floor now that he has 2 bad back legs.  I cut up my old sleeping bag from when I was 13...... so its the very old, very basic cotton and padding.  Its also very roughly sewn, since I just needed to use some material to cover all the holes to stop the stuffing coming out! As soon as it went on the floor he took possession of it

I pulled out my EPP hexies to get started back on again and enjoyed some home baking and lots of knitting .....
 and I even made it back to the Corowa Spinners and Weavers Group (due to the issues from last year, my last visit with this group was back in September of 2013 (see this post)

Received these beauties from a wonderful fellow who has had them stored in his shed for too many years and gave me the choice of my place or the tip.......... not that I have ever used or even seen a knitting machine set up and working....... guess that will be coming up before long... and I would be interested to hear from any of you who have experience with knitting machines :)
 
And as April came to a close, the lovely chrysanthemums that DD usually gives me for Mothers Day
have started to bloom.  I'm so pleased to see these as a number died in the garden last year, and with the changes I dug up and moved the last couple survivors into pots in the hope of keeping them.  I think they look lovely in the pots around the cabin, and I get to see them more often in this spot as its also right where we park the cars.    Unfortunately my favourite mug that has been with me for about 20 yrs and survived 5 or 6 interstate moves, plus a couple of local ones...... ended with a crash onto the concrete verandah!  I have only myself to blame, which is probably a blessing lol  But you know when you just have that "right" mug, it keeps the contents warm, it has the right feel to it ......ahh well......


For the last day of April, I managed to make the  2 1/2 hr drive down to Melbourne parking the car at one of the outer suburban train stations and catching the train into the city where DD met me.  We had a lovely few hours together and caught another train to her place, found a lovely little café to have lunch in, did a tiny bit of shopping, and then she drove me back to my car to head back up the highway. She also gave me an early Mothers Day gift (a very large box of chocolates that has already been started on), and an early birthday gift which I'll share later.  I left home about 6am and managed to walk back in the door just before 5pm in time to get the afternoon/evening chores done and dinner going by the time DH walked in the door.

And apart from work and the normal bits and pieces, ...... that my friend, was April!



 

No comments: