Saturday, July 6, 2013

Friday night Sewing with Friends


Last night I popped by a couple of blogs early enough to realise it was Friday night sewing with friends in blog land........ It's been such a long time since I've done this, so it was lovely to know others were out there sewing along with me.   I was working on cutting up fabric swatches that have been coming in the mail from my penpal group in celebration of our 6 yr anniversary of snail mailing circle letters to each other ( we call them robins).  I'm cutting them up and making them into little hexies and once all the swatches have arrived I will have a better idea of how I'm going to put them together to make a table runner.   The one on the table at the moment was made by a very dear penpal friend, Lyn from up in NSW.  I just love it, but there are times where it needs to be washed and I need a replacement LOL.
After this many though I needed a change of pace and decided it was time to pick up the crochet hook and do a few more rows on the ripple afghan I'm making for myself using mostly wools from my stash.... Except for one ball after running out of the lovely maroon coloured alpaca yarn that was sent to me from Alaska earlier this year!   Some of the other wools were sent as swaps from USA and parts of Australia, so it is lovely reminder of some of the wonderful friendships I've made through snail mail, blog land and Facebook!   I pray you all had a lovely Friday evening as well,   Hugs. Sharm

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How cosy does that crocheted rug look. It brought back memories as i made one of these, must be 30 years ago.

Mistea said...

Love the look of your ripple blanket. How special for you that the yarns all have their own story.
Enjoy Sunday.

Maria said...

Gorgeous ripple crocheted blanket..
Great nights hooking.

Wendy said...

Your hexies are looking great and I love your ripple blanket, lovely!

Christine M said...

Your crocheted run is lovely Sharm. Looks like you got quite a bit done on Friday night.

Anthea said...

Hi Sharmayne, I'm popping by from the FNWF linky... well sort of, I had to Google you because the linky was incorrect...
Anyway, wow, I think the idea of making the runner from the fabrics you have been sent is such a great idea, and they are so lovely too... very lovely crocheting too, nice to snug under while working on it!
Have a lovely week Anthea

Wendyb said...

some lovely progress Sharmayne!!!
xox sugary hugs
Wendy :O)