Sunday, April 30, 2017

Yarn Just Makes it Right ......

Winding Yarn ready for a new scarf
Yarn just seems to have this soothing sensation to it that just makes the world a better place .... don't you think??   Although you may think I've been sitting on my hands all month I can assure you that is far from the case! 
My little sewing cabin is now the home of all the household boxes that have been packed up and are awaiting the first shift scheduled for mid June when hubbie and I plan to head to our home in Maryborough for 2 weeks of Annual Leave.  We figured we may as well get a removalist in and get all the excess stuff moved up there and just be left with minimal stuff here till we sell.   Naturally minimal to
The sewing cabin is now the storage centre
me means that I need to ensure I have sufficient yarn of various weights and types for any knitting or crochet projects I'll need to do between now and whenever the house sells ....... and of course I must keep out my BOM projects and materials ........ and then there is the hexie blogging tablecloth (which is due for a post of its own in the near future) ....... and of course I best keep out the smaller hexie stuff just in case .........


Pete has been busy sorting and cutting bits of wood ...... Burls to be exact for a project or two he has in mind when the new journey begins .......   Seems we both enjoy a bit of creativity lol


Anyhow at the very least I've managed to get a couple of projects completed during April ....... The
Jeans cushion for daughter Stacey before her operation ( Thankyou to those who have asked after her, she seems to be doing well and we finally received the results back that the lump removed is not cancerous! 

And I've also managed to finish a pair of fingerless gloves - my first ever pair.  The pattern is Grey Islands by Laura Aylor using a worsted weight yarn (12 ply), so they will be perfect for the
cooler weather that is rolling in here at the moment!  Hubbie even lit the fire up this week, so it will be kept going now until we head off on holidays in June.


All the sorting and packing has been keeping me busy between that and work so it was lovely to go and visit the Ravely Site the other day ................. Naturally that meant pulling some yarn out of my
The 4 yarns planned for the scarf
stash pile and enjoying the therapeutic goodness of winding it  ready to begin the new project ....... Laura Aylors newest scarf pattern "So Happy Together".  I'm loving the texture that's being created with this easy knit.  Also loving using some of this yarn that I've had stashed for quite a bit ...... Merino with 15% silk in it  (the white and Blue yarn, Red is angora and the multi colour is from Little Plum Yarn).  Click on my ravelry link on the side bar and go to my projects page to see further details.


Another work in progress is Jaxsons  cotton crochet blanket ....... I'm just working on the edging now so it will be a finish in May.


Up to date on the "Down the Rabbit Hole" BOM with the next month pattern due out in a couple of days.

And just to add to April,  I decided I needed to improve my health and fitness ........ so I've bitten
the bullet and signed up for a round of 12WBT which begins on May 8.  I'm currently working on the preseason stuff which is super important!  I know this from previous rounds over the past few years as it gets your mindset in the right place and sets you up ready for the 12 weeks which tend to fly by before you have time to take a breath!!

So, what have you been up to this month??  Can't wait to hear ......
Hugs, Sharm

10 comments:

Anthea said...

Hi Sharmayne
oh I never think you are idle... I know you're always keeping some lovely projects going, as I see here with the gloves, the yarn & the Rabbit Hole progress... all very lovely! x

Maria said...

WOW, lots of packing been done but of course you need to keep some projects to keep you busy..

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck packing... Great news for your daughter.......the quilt looks good so far...... Goodluck with the fitness......

Maria said...

You've been busy as always Sharmayne! Love all your projects that you posted photos of...all absolutely beautiful. Love those gloves and that yarn you used looks lovely and warm. Beautiful skeins of yarn too that you pulled out for projects...very nice! Good news that your daughter is recovering well. xx

Jo said...

Oh wowie... so busy. All that packing and so many projects to keep you busy. I'm sure you are looking forward to mid June. I do hope you get good news soon and your place sells. It is so draining. Good to hear about your daughter. I'd be interested to see how your 12 weeks go. I really need to do it...

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your down the rabbit hole and your gloves are lovely. It's a good idea to keep back yarn to have something nice to do whilst you are busy with moving :)

Lin said...

Gosh Sharm - such a long post and you have been soooo busy! I know that just as soon as I had packed something away I would desperately need it so good luck with your packing. I love your down the rabbit hole. xx

Binsa said...

Hi Sharm, I enjoyed your post...

Susan said...

Gosh you have been busy...Some lovely yarns in there . . .
Once I could see how Down the rabbit hole was developing - I was intrigued - but now she has added houses...just can't fit it in...but loving it

Susan said...

PS - happy news about your daughter.