Friday, May 28, 2010

Dishcloths from ........

Yep, more dishclothes have arrived............ this lot are from Deanna over in the US who has been very busy making lots of various types for her upcoming farmers market.  Deanna, my favourite is the colourful one - is this shell stitch you've used?  I've yet to try out the tunisian stitch, but it's on the list.  Isn't the round one so clever??
For those wondering where I've been this past week or so, it's been a hectic time - I've been sorting, building a filing cabinet (you know the kind - it comes as a flat pack from the warehouse with minature instructions) - it only took me around 6 hours (last wednesday) getting from flat pack to a working unit.......... but working it is - so of course, now has come the sorting of old files & organizing the new one (it's work in progress ).   And, I've started back at work at the hospital where I used to be before our interstate move to Townsville.  I'm on a casual contract for now, & only doing day shifts.  I've had a lovely welcome back there, which is really nice!  Meantime, I've managed to keep up with my sewing, but had trouble with my camera, yahoo & the computer the past few days, so any posting was put off.
It's raining here today, so the washing is all hanging around the fireplace on clothes airers drying beautifully. Well, I'm off to see to some more sewing & snail mail........... catch up with you all soon.
Hugs, Sharm

2 comments:

Joan said...

Lots of lovely dish cloths - you will be busy ? Pleased to hear things are settling down for you. Dont work too hard. However...sew lots - its good for the soul :)

Sharm said...

Hi Joan, The dishcloths have been a great success! I'm loving them all & they are being used all over the house. I have a "little bit" of various blog friends surrounding me when I clean :) I've sent back to both Karen & Janet - have Deanna's under way! I know Paula & Sara are both working on some which is giving me time to work on more here in readiness for them. I'm also thinking of popping one in with each of my gifts for the Pay it Forward - ssshhhh, but I'm still waiting on 1 more lady to sign up for that yet...........